Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs V Burnley

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭Minjor

Highlights

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I have to say, that last goal was special. Two absolutely brilliant passes and a great run by Rose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

The first Burnley goal is a highly embarrassing attempt at defending.

Shocking - sure we'll just let it bounce and see what happens. Comical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Rule one of defending, don't let the ball bounce in your own half.

BUT - in Vertonghen's defence, it looks like the ball was blown (mid air) away from Vertongen and in to Sordell's path. It was lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭celt262

Was that Soldado hitting the bar from 5 yards?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

celt262 wrote: »
    Was that Soldado hitting the bar from 5 yards?

Unfortunately yeah. He did everything else right in the game from what i've seen, but he must be terrified when he gets in front of goal.

As much as i like the guy, it might be better for everyone if he moves. Barring a miracle, his career doesn't look like it's going anywhere but downwards at Spurs. Hopefully i'm wrong though, and he comes good. The fans already seem to love him, and if he started knocking in some goals he'd be a legend.

It was a real shame as well. That move started with a tackle in our own half before the ball broke to Soldado. He brought it forward and played it to Townsend before running into the box. Had he scored it would have been a cracker but instead it goes down as one of the misses of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Soldado was key to three of the goals. I still love him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Kiith wrote: »
    As much as i like the guy, it might be better for everyone if he moves. Barring a miracle, his career doesn't look like it's going anywhere but downwards at Spurs.

His career is slowly being flushed down the toilet. If he's happy being on the bench, starting the odd game, then more power to him. Must believe he still can be a success in this league. I'd say he's gone in the summer.

Torres couldn't hit a barn door, returns to Spain and scores two against Real last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

slegs wrote: »
    Soldado was key to three of the goals. I still love him :)

So was Paulinho. Pretty sure he was man of the match too.

Advertisement