Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brabazon Square, The Coombe - Safe?

Options
  • 12-01-2015 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all!

Thinking of renting in this area and am just wondering is it safe?
    I'am currently renting in Phibsboro so am well use to a junkie or 2 hanging around all the time,

Have heard a few good things and some not so good things about this area,
    Can anyone tell me who lives there/or has lived there what it's really like?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

My girlfriend used to live in Brabazon Hall which is around the corner. However, that was a block of apartments with security gates.

There are a few 'undesirables' in the area, e.g. throwing bangers at people around Halloween, drinking in the street, hanging around the apartment gates to follow someone else in, and I had my wing mirror kicked off one night (on the path side so definitely not from a passing vehicle).

In general though, it's grand. I've never felt overly threatened and my girlfriend would often walk home from town after dark. A big Polish community with a Polish supermarket on Cork St, and a Lidl down the road a bit further. Good walking distance to the centre of town too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Phibsboro85

Thanks very much for the reply! so it wouldn't be the roughest in the world?
    Is the area plagued with junkies?

Thanks again!

Thanks very much for the reply! so it wouldn't be the roughest in the world?
    Is the area plagued with junkies?

I've lived Phibsboro area all my life so don't know the southside at all really

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Never saw any junkies around but that's not to say they weren't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

I always considered The Liberties to be very similar to Stoneybatter. Stoneybatter a little more trendy maybe and I loved living in both areas. I would have gladly bought in either area but tiny gardens and lack of parking where an issue for me.

As you have lived in Phibsboro you will find the area very similar - a mixture of all sorts. Brabazon Sq is a cul-de-sac so will be that little bit quieter than the main roads. Brenda Fricker lives less than 5 mins away and she seems to like it!

• Advertisement

Weyhey - thanks very much for your reply, Stoneybatter would of been first on our list alright, the rents were just to high at the minute (will make it there someday though!)

Advertisement