Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's always sunny in Philadelphia **SEASON 10**

• 12-01-2015 1:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭

Starts back up on January 14th. Easily one of the funniest shows of the last ten years.

First episode is "the gang beats boggs"

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can't wait for this. Finally caught up over the last few months, and i absolutely loved season 9. The Gang Breaks Dee was one of the best episodes i'd seen in ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

The most consistent comedy still going IMO

Think I may wait a couple of weeks and binge on the first few episodes together though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

On Netflix?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Probably won't be on Netflix till the season finishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Decent enough opener, the highlight being the sleazy Dennis :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Dr. Mantis Toboggan :D

It's good to have it back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Pretty good opener. Charlies drunk talking at the end was quality

Now that's what I call a return to firm, it's been awhile since I watched an episode of It's Always Sunny twice in a row. It's the show at its best, a simple set up and a sense of absurdity that just grows and grows. Sleazy Denis and drunk Charlie were brilliant and Mac's desperate need to be important was well played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭sok2005

Dee referring to herself as Boss Hogg had me in stitches! Really strong start to season 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

sok2005 wrote: »
    Dee referring to herself as Boss Hogg had me in stitches! Really strong start to season 10.

Boss Hogg showing up then was unreal :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That was excellent. The Charlie subtitles were hilarious.
    Dennis was exceptionally Dennis like, although I dont believe he applied D.E.N.N.I.S. properly.
    Referencing Passenger 57 as something to live by while flying was side splitting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Thrill wrote: »

It was renewed for those two seasons back in april making it the longest running live action comedy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Hi I'm
    Framp

Great second episode.

Still one of the only programmes that actually makes me laugh instead of just thinking that I found it funny.

I laughed so hard throughout this episode. It's in a different league to most comedies nowadays.
    Charlie, learning on the dating rounds, goes from talking about the 80 cats that live in his alley, to the eight cats who sleep in his sink, to a final, bland, “I don’t have any cats, but I sure do enjoy them

There's no other comedy I can think of where I want to re-watch the same episode straight after just watching it.

the spider caught herself a fly....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Like you get power when you convince yourself that you're tough and you're straight.
    I am tough...!

Dennis Reynolds has to be considered one of the greatest comedy characters ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Oh I enjoyed that so very much :)

Dennis' meltdown over the ratings was so gloriously awkward yet hilarious viewing!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That was an exceptional episode.

NO SNAKES!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I love all the names they call each other; “the bird woman,” “the troll man,” “the dirty one,”, “the gay one.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

D.Q wrote: »
    Dennis Reynolds has to be considered one of the greatest comedy characters ever.

Yeah, serious issues going on there. The D.E.N.N.I.S. System is brilliant and also horrifying.

Yeah, serious issues going on there. The D.E.N.N.I.S. System is brilliant and also horrifying.

Shame about the D.E.I. system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    That was an exceptional episode.

NO SNAKES!

My better than the opener imo

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Shame about the D.E.I. system

You should read the S.I.N.N.E.D system she has in the book

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

The first episode was an amusing non sequitur, but this second one was an instant classic. So many great moments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Franks cock ring :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

the third espisode is absolutely despicable. I loved it.

• Advertisement

Not overly enamoured with the 3rd episode tbh, except for Cricket's face and Dennis' psychotic episode I didn't really like any aspect of it. Psycho Pete was a real let down, I realise that was the joke but I had him and the freight train built up a lot in my head that it wasn't really the payoff I wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

With the high standards the show has set, that has to be classed as one of the poor episodes. Deleted now, as no desire to watch it again like I would many others.

Cricket was brilliant but I don't think it was as good as the first two. I'll watch it again just to make sure though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Burkatron

This season has been brilliant so far! I can't imagine how Cricket is going to end up when they finally finish the show, what a character!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Definitely the weakest out of the first 3, Cricket was great though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭NinetyForNone

smuckers wrote: »
    Definitely the weakest out of the first 3, Cricket was great though
    Very good this week. Up with the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

That was a surprising display of competence from Charlie. I kept expecting either the whole plan to work out really badly somehow, as usual, or a twist that it was some sort of delusion on his part that he had everything under control. The surprise was that there was no surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Brilliant ep, a real Birdman feel to it :)

This is a chicken and air mile steak scam now? Loved Frank in the cellar painted black with the flute!

That was one of the more incredible comedy episodes I've ever seen and it wasn't even one of their funniest. A few laughs yeah but the whole production of the episode was incredible and a fantastic performance from Charlie Day. It's the type of thing that should be winning Emmys for individual episodes but probably wont even be nominated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Liam O wrote: »
    It's the type of thing that should be winning Emmys for individual episodes but probably wont even be nominated.

This. A thousand times this. I came in here mostly to say this :)

What a f*cking amazing episode. Up there in their all time top 20, maybe even top 10. Is it because it's on the reletively small FXX that the Emmys ignore this? As in, like most awards it's all politics?

The digital pasting was easier to spot than Birdman but still great to watch that great one long take and Id imagine it took a long time to plan it. This episode needs to be nominated for something given what it did technically alone.

A 9/10 episode.And to say that about a show entering season 10 is quite something.

Question:
    I realise Frank painting himself black was to replace his clothes (and in what other show can that be accepted as normal? :D ) but why was he the basement playing a flute? Just for more general madness or somethinng I missed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭NinetyForNone

Question:
    but why was he the basement playing a flute?
    He was intimating the Carbon Monoxide alarm
    :)

Question:
    but why was he the basement playing a flute?
    He was intimating the Carbon Monoxide alarm
    :)

Genuinely laughing out loud here. Of course he was :)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭b34mer23

smuckers wrote: »
    Brilliant ep, a real Birdman feel to it :)

Yes!!

Between the frenetic pacing and the random jazz soundtrack it's clear what they were going for and they really pulled it off!

Makes me wonder about Charlie though, is he as...eh, intellectually stunted as he's shown to be a lot of the time and he just knows the bar so well that he could pull off that ridiculous series of events?

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Genuinely laughing out loud here. Of course he was :)
    Earlier in the episode when he put the battery in he was getting the correct note and he shouted it at Frank when he was going to the basement.

Brilliant episode.

The constant slamming of the stool and berating of Dee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

b34mer23 wrote: »
    Yes!!

Between the frenetic pacing and the random jazz soundtrack it's clear what they were going for and they really pulled it off!

Makes me wonder about Charlie though, is he as...eh, intellectually stunted as he's shown to be a lot of the time and he just knows the bar so well that he could pull off that ridiculous series of events?

Go and watch the first season again and you will see the kind of Charlie we had in that last episode :)

Venom wrote: »
    Go and watch the first season again and you will see the kind of Charlie we had in that last episode :)

Maybe so, but for 90% of the show he has been portrayed as thick as sh*te! ;)

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Maybe so, but for 90% of the show he has been portrayed as thick as sh*te! ;)

He just knows a lot about a lot of useless things like the waitress, rats, ghouls and magnets. He wrote musicals and planned a relationship with the rich girl a couple of seasons ago when he was motivated. Only limited space in the brain for things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

He made a lot of money in boiled denim aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

b34mer23 wrote: »

He survived an abortion shur

Let's not forget kitten mittens and the berry pyramid scheme

• Advertisement
Advertisement