Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's always sunny in Philadelphia **SEASON 10**

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Your head of security just choked himself out.

Nearly killed me!!!! :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

Where can I watch this season,I've watched every season that's on Netflix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Loved todays episode. loads of great references to previous episodes.
    charlie- Where do I put my feet ?
    Fight Milk & Wolf cola
    Last weeks
    I drank loads of Dee' pyramid berries

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Loved todays episode. loads of great references to previous episodes.

I didnt get the
    "where do I put my feet?"
    one.

A solid end to a very strong season. A couple of soso seasons aside, few, if any, shows have kept this kind of standard for so long.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Wait, that was the last episode?

Disappointing if true, didn't think the last couple were all that great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Wait, that was the last episode?

According to Wiki, yes.

10 episodes isnt enough, 14 a year would be ideal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Enjoyed the season but it absolutely flew by.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    I didnt get the
    "where do I put my feet?"
    one.

A solid end to a very strong season. A couple of soso seasons aside, few, if any, shows have kept this kind of standard for so long.

They used a similar machine in the pyramid scheme episode and Charlie asked the same question when he used the thing first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

Season 10 now on Netflix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Great to see it up on Netflix so fast after the US.

Mixed series - some great episodes - loved it when they went back to the restaurant. Some odd episodes - especially the 1st one (plane)

Still a great show though.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 _asdfghjkl_

Weakest season so far by a long shot IMO. Far too much meta-humour and the gang are all complete caricatures of themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

I disagree 3 or 4 episodes among the top 15-20 they have made, most US series that have run as long as they have (and there arn't many) have huge writing teams, for the show to still be written by the same 3 guys all the time and for it still to be consistently great (with the odd misstep) is a great achievement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This single scene makes it one of my favourite seasons...

The facial expression at the end is pure gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

The single-shot 'Charlie saves the day with the health inspector' scene was one of the best sitcom moments I've seen in a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 _asdfghjkl_

J. Marston wrote: »

ughh I hated that scene so much, that's like the definition of why I thought this season was awful. Different strokes for different folks i guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

It had some good episodes but overall I think the season was quite weak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

I really enjoyed the charlie saves the day and the wade boggs episodes, they were the stand out episodes for me by far.

Burgo wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the charlie saves the day and the wade boggs episodes, they were the stand out episodes for me by far.

Agreed. The 'Charlies Day' episode was excellent. Definitely the peak of the season.
    Am I correct thinking it was a nod to Birdman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Agreed. The 'Charlies Day' episode was excellent. Definitely the peak of the season.
    Am I correct thinking it was a nod to Birdman.

They said in an interview that it was a pure coincidence that it resembled birdmans style. However I don't know if I believe that.

Also, it was not one shot, you can see when they enter and exit the bar that it is actually a different scene outside superimposed on the doors. So everytime they go from inside to outside or vise versa it is a cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

It's called "Charlie Work" in reference to the earlier seasons where the gang call things like cleaning the toilet "charlie work". It's an amazing episode, I've just re-watched it for about the tenth time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Not a nod to Birdman, just coincidence. I read or seen an interview where they said it was a nod to another episode of a different TV show or movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Not a nod to Birdman, just coincidence. I read or seen an interview where they said it was a nod to another episode of a different TV show or movie.

It's supposed to be a nod to True Detective, which was released before Birdman. In the first season of that, there's an episode where the Matthew McConaughey character is trying to get out of a sticky situation in the projects and the last 5 or 6 minutes is all done in one tracking shot. It's an astonishingly good piece of television, so I can see why they would want to replicate it.

It wasn't just the one camera shot, the frantic, fat paced dialogues was reminiscent of birdman.

As were the drums playing in the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

It wasn't just the one camera shot, the frantic, fat paced dialogues was reminiscent of birdman.

As were the drums playing in the background.

The drums may have been added in at a later date as a nod to Birdman, but I would believe them if they say it was inspired by True Detective. I remember everyone raving about that episode with the tracking shot when it was first released.

The director talks here about the inspiration for the episode:

http://observer.com/2015/02/birdman-law-always-sunny-director-matt-shakman-on-inspiration-for-charlie-work/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

J. Marston wrote: »

Just finished the season on Netflix and that's a standout for me. Dennis is really becoming more sociopathic and he's really unhinged there, his shudder at the end is great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Nothing will ever.... EVER.. surpass the ''Implication''.

Advertisement