Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moved into new house...old line still active

Options
  • 12-01-2015 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi,
    I just moved into a new house which I purchased.  When I contacted a service provider (not Eircom) about getting phone and Broadband they said the line is still active with services from Eircom and they need to be suspended before they can take it over?

What it the procedure in this case, can you help me out?

Best regards
    JJ

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Jacob55 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I just moved into a new house which I purchased.  When I contacted a service provider (not Eircom) about getting phone and Broadband they said the line is still active with services from Eircom and they need to be suspended before they can take it over?

What it the procedure in this case, can you help me out?

Best regards
    JJ
    Hi Jacob55

The best advice I can offer you is to contact accounts on free phone 1901 for clarification but I am aware that the landlord will be able to arrange the cancellation of the account although he will need to contact eircom accounts on free phone 1901 and will be required to give proof of ownership.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement