Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap grobags

Options
  • 12-01-2015 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭

My 20 month old is still in Grobags, doesn't stay still in his sleep and likes climbing so happy to keep him in one as long as I can.
    Bought Penny's ones lately but he's discoveredhow to go wriggle out of it without even opening the buttons or zips!
    So I'm on the lookout for another one. The Grobag ones are so expensive full price, I was in TK max today where they had plenty but none in his size. Can anyone recommend anywhere else that sells them cheaper, or any brands that are good for wriggling little boys??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

When I used grobags I had the ones from Dunnes and found them great. Have you tried there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Ikea do good ones for around €15 if that's handy to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Guineys sell 2.5 tog disney winnie the pooh ones for around €15, we find them great but they always sell out fast and they're never available online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Great, will try Guineys!
    Thanks.
    Not in Dublin so IKEA isn't handy, and going on the money we spend every time we're there they'd be the dearest grobags ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

sillysocks wrote: »
    Great, will try Guineys!
    Thanks.
    Not in Dublin so IKEA isn't handy, and going on the money we spend every time we're there they'd be the dearest grobags ever :)

Haha that's true! I hadn't accounted for the trolley load if impulse purchases that comes with an ikea trip :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

My 20 month old is still in Grobags, doesn't stay still in his sleep and likes climbing so happy to keep him in one as long as I can.
    Bought Penny's ones lately but he's discoveredhow to go wriggle out of it without even opening the buttons or zips!
    So I'm on the lookout for another one. The Grobag ones are so expensive full price, I was in TK max today where they had plenty but none in his size. Can anyone recommend anywhere else that sells them cheaper, or any brands that are good for wriggling little boys??

Silly socks Assuming your son is in clothes 18m+ I am afraid your only real options are the gro company ones or a slumber sac because of the sizing. Jojomamamabebe do big ones too.

I bought two dunnes ones in a sale for €5 the biggest size goes up to 23m. Ikea only go to 18m

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Yeah he's in 18-24 month clothes now. I don't mind getting grobags or slumber sacs but was hoping I might find somewhere that they were on sale or sold a bit cheaper like TK max. I might even wait a few days and try TK max again, they had them but only in super girly ones, I know it doesn't really matter if they're in bed but it'd just feel strange! Even a unisex one is grand but these were really pink with flowers and butterflies!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

Keep trying tk maxx they're always getting more in stock. I had an ikea one and it didn't wash well at all so I'm sticking with the gro ones now - €22 in tk maxx but you need to keep going back to get the right size/style!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Yeah he's in 18-24 month clothes now. I don't mind getting grobags or slumber sacs but was hoping I might find somewhere that they were on sale or sold a bit cheaper like TK max. I might even wait a few days and try TK max again, they had them but only in super girly ones, I know it doesn't really matter if they're in bed but it'd just feel strange! Even a unisex one is grand but these were really pink with flowers and butterflies!

https://www.heymama.ie/grobags/grobags-18-36-months/grobag-twin-pack-hippo-hop-spot-wash-wear-18-36-months?products_id=988:b50058009aad59b82fb67df4a10d222a
    Enter code GRO10 at the checkout to get 10% off, free delivery on orders over €50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

When I used grobags I got them from Asda - they deliver internationally. I really like their baby stuff in general and I'd always get a little treat or two for mama! I order regularly from them and am always happy. They grow out of clothes so quickly that it's nice not to spend too much but be happy enough with the quality and fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

Try eBay for last season's grobags! I usually pick them up for about 25 Euro there

Advertisement