Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for kids swimming lessons in SCD

Options
  • 12-01-2015 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

Hi
    Took my kids, 4 and 5 year old, to Loughlinstown pool last year for beginners lessons, as it turned out all the kids in the class had been on beginners lessons before and were more advanced now. Didnt stay for all the lessons as my kids were well behind the others and the instructors couldn't take the time to concentrate on them alone.
    Where would be the best place in SCD for kids beginner lessons. My kids love the pool and have no fear of water.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

If you were going to Loughlinstown would you go as far as Shoreline in Bray?
    I signed my lad up for lessons when he was 4 and I couldn't find fault.
    Very good with the new kids

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

My youngest is in Castlepark with her school but they do lessons also, see here

They are trained without arm bands and the instructors are in the pool with them. She has come on leaps and bounds with only half the term done.

She was originally in loughlinstown, after 1 term she could have advanced but was too small to do. Next term she was well able for the group, got bored and was not really brought on as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Newpark Sports centre were great when my kids were learning

http://www.newparksportscentre.ie/swimming/children%27s-lessons

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Bluepool in Monkstown do kids lessons from beginners all the way up to lanes. All my kids learnt to swim there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

You have probably left it too late for the current session - spaces on lessons are limited with priority going to those already in classes. You need to find out what date/time they are accepting registrations and go early to queue up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

the new term of lessons in Castle Park starts on Jan 27th, they may get your kids along for an assessment to judge what level to start them at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭xper

UCD does kids swimming lessons in their new sports complex. You don't have to be a member. Know a coupe of people who send their kids there. No idea how they compare price or quality wise to other venues but it is a full-size 50m pool fwiw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Glenalla wrote: »
    Hi
    Took my kids, 4 and 5 year old, to Loughlinstown pool last year for beginners lessons, as it turned out all the kids in the class had been on beginners lessons before and were more advanced now. Didnt stay for all the lessons as my kids were well behind the others and the instructors couldn't take the time to concentrate on them alone.
    Where would be the best place in SCD for kids beginner lessons. My kids love the pool and have no fear of water.

Thanks

If Loughlinstown is convenient for you, have a chat with the staff, and see if they have any beginners groups starting soon.

Advertisement