Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is your childminder for 1child?

Options
  • 12-01-2015 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I'm Kildare based and looking to figure out if I'm getting a good rate for my childcare. I'm currently paying 37.50 per day for my childminder. She minds my 2 year old in her own home. On average I'm paying €812 per month i.e. 37.50 x 5 days

Really appreciate your feedback folks,

Thanks a mil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭peter_dublin

We pay 5 euro an hour, seems the going rate. North Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭flix1

We pay 5 euro an hour, seems the going rate. North Kildare.

Crikey...do you pay like 5 x 8 hour day x 5 days a week?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭peter_dublin

Yeah pretty much, although we only use them for 7 hours a day three days a week but basically she charges 5 euros per hour. Because we only pay for the hours it works out far cheaper than a creche for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

1350 pm for two children, 4 days a week with one child getting the ecce place.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭flix1

Is that for a crèche? I'm really interested in the childminder rates

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

€40 per day in North Wexford. That is for 8.30 to 6.30 three or four days a week. We provide everything except snacks. Not sure if she has one set price or if it varies due to full/part time and longer/shorter days, it probably does. Creche wasn't a runner for us due to work days differing from week to week we would have had to pay for a full time creche place.

Was also quoted €35 per day by another minder but happy with the person I chose.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Not currently using one but also in North Kildare and 800pm for a 8-6 day seem to be the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

flix1 wrote: »
    Is that for a crèche? I'm really interested in the childminder rates

Yeah that was for a creche. We looked at one childminder who was €25 per child per day.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

25 a day (480 a month) , we provide food, 9 to 5 mon-fri, 4 weeks paid holidays, mayo.

Advertisement