Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to contact Sales

Options
  • 12-01-2015 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Hi, I want to contact Sales, I don't want an 1850 number because I would have to pay for that call and I don't have to pay to call a landline number. I cannot get through to Sales from the 018529534 number.  I want to get an up-dated contracted with better rates or else I will be moving supplier to a cheaper supplier for Elec and Gas. I got through to customer service who said they only have an 1850 number and Sales don't do call backs (!).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Seesee,

Unfortunately, our Sales team only have an 1850 number. The only number to contact them on is 1850 30 50 90. If you can't call them you can send an email to sales@electricireland.ie or you can take a look at the price plans availabe on our website: https://www.electricireland.ie/switchchange/index.htm.

If you've any further queries, do let us know.

Regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Seesee

I sent an email on 12/1 and have not heard from them yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Seesee,

It can take approximately three working days to get a response, but you will get an answer. Your email is in a queue and you will receive a reply in due course.

If you've any other queries, do let us know.

Regards,
    Aoife

I got a call last Friday and as I was driving I did not answer. I then got an email with some information I had been looking for but not all, no exact rates, just a link to a website and talk about discount. So I emailed back looking for more information and am still waiting for a response. This is very poor.

To be honest, not having a local phone number and having to call an 1850 number for a sales call is a deal breaker for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Seesee,

We regret to read you are not happy with the information you received by email. The Sales email team require approximately three working days to respond to queries they receive. This is due to the emails being in a queue, so the email is not seen for this length of time.

As you mentioned, there is a landline for Electric Ireland customers, (01) 8529534 - this is the only such landline, and connects customers to general Customer Service. When customers who have a query for a department other than Customer Service dial this number and speak to an agent, they can ask to be transferred to the department they require. Customers can request to be transferred to Sales too, but often the Sales lines are too busy to take transferred calls. If you maybe called (01) 8529534 in the evening when it's quieter, or on a Saturday, it might be possible to transfer you through to Sales then. (01) 8529534 is open until 8pm Monday to Saturday, and Sales is open until 8pm Monday to Friday, and until 6pm Saturdays.

If you private message one of us here on Boards your name and telephone number, we can request a callback to you from Sales - we need to advise however that we do not know when they would be able to make the call, as they need to prioritise inbound, and they are experiencing high volumes of inbound calls at the moment.

Do private message us your details if you wish though, and in the meantime, perhaps try the landline/being transferred to Sales in the evenings/Saturday.

Sales would be the best to speak to as they have the most details to hand, but what we can advise in this department is that customers who have electricity and gas, whose contract has expired/is due to expire, can sign up to a new contract comprising a 12% discount off each fuel (direct debit and online billing required).

Regards,
    Una

• Advertisement

Ok, thanks for that information. I'll try that number.

Advertisement