Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Software Development CR 106

• 12-01-2015 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi, Im a leaving cert student interesting in software development in Cit, and just wanted to know a bit more about it and possibly software development at college in general.
    Also, there is a project involved and I was wondering what's do you do the project on? Designing a spftware application or your own website?

Advice is urgent as I'm filling out the cao and I have had no reply from lecturers in this course.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Hi, Im a leaving cert student interesting in software development in Cit, and just wanted to know a bit more about it and possibly software development at college in general.
    Also, there is a project involved and I was wondering what's do you do the project on? Designing a spftware application or your own website?

Advice is urgent as I'm filling out the cao and I have had no reply from lecturers in this course.
    Thanks
    Lecturers will be quite busy this time of year correcting exams and projects, your best bet for now is to look through these modules and see if you like the content. http://courses.cit.ie/index.cfm/page/course/code/CR_KSDEV_8

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭rockerdude15

Thanks, I already looked at the modules and just want to know know more about what exactly you do for the project.
    What supports are there for students? Extra tuition? Lab hours and how bog are class sizes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Thanks, I already looked at the modules and just want to know know more about what exactly you do for the project.
    What supports are there for students? Extra tuition? Lab hours and how bog are class sizes?
    if you actually click on any of those modules on the link it brings you into a module descriptor towards the bottom of the description it will give the breakdown of lab hours, class hours, & tutorial hours if applicable.

Just from my experience with other departments in CIT class sizes vary year to year depending on demand, but first year class sizes could be around 30 and for tutorials you may be split into groups of 15.

With regards to supports in terms of educational support, the academic learning center supports students with freely available tutorials in maths, programming, physics, electronics and more.

But to be fair as long as you show up to all your classes and put some effort in on your own time generally you may not need the supports. You will be taught everything you need to know in CIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 megarusty

Just to butt in here as I'm in the same boat, is this course similar to computer science?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭rockerdude15

if you actually click on any of those modules on the link it brings you into a module descriptor towards the bottom of the description it will give the breakdown of lab hours, class hours, & tutorial hours if applicable.

Just from my experience with other departments in CIT class sizes vary year to year depending on demand, but first year class sizes could be around 30 and for tutorials you may be split into groups of 15.

With regards to supports in terms of educational support, the academic learning center supports students with freely available tutorials in maths, programming, physics, electronics and more.

But to be fair as long as you show up to all your classes and put some effort in on your own time generally you may not need the supports. You will be taught everything you need to know in CIT.

Thanks, out of interest what course did you do in Cit?

• Advertisement
Advertisement