Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketing Internship

Options
  • 12-01-2015 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am hoping this is the right place to post this - sorry if it is not.

I have 9 months of 'free time' now before I start a masters in marketing and want to utilize this time as much as possible and gain exposure to the commercial world, as this is an area I am seriously lacking in at such an age (28)

I have applied for a few internships but no word back. I am wondering does anyone recommend any companies that offer internships (unpaid is fine) in the area of Marketing?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭adamrooney

Dylanmc111 wrote: »
    Hi

I am hoping this is the right place to post this - sorry if it is not.

I have 9 months of 'free time' now before I start a masters in marketing and want to utilize this time as much as possible and gain exposure to the commercial world, as this is an area I am seriously lacking in at such an age (28)

I have applied for a few internships but no word back. I am wondering does anyone recommend any companies that offer internships (unpaid is fine) in the area of Marketing?

Thanks

There seems to be plenty of them online advertising regularly. digitalmarketingjobs.ie always seem to be advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭modmuffin

Sent you a private message about an opportunity Dylan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BnB

Hi OP. Where are you looking (Geographically) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Check out digitalmarketingjobs.ie

Plenty of them on there normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

BnB wrote: »
    Hi OP. Where are you looking (Geographically) ?

North city Dublin

Ideally looking for a part-time internship as I am now learning code and Google Adwords. I also plan to start up a blog as well.

• Advertisement

brianblaze wrote: »
    Check out digitalmarketingjobs.ie

Plenty of them on there normally.

Yup, applied, no word back.

bump :)

Apart from digitalmarketingjobs.ie and jobs.ie etc is there anywehre else people would recommend? badly seeking an internship (un-paid/part-time)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭berger89

tickets.ie are looking for someone!

btw, fair play for showing some initiative! :)

edit:damn, sorry. only for accounts assistant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,180 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

OP, I would use this situation to your advantage. Research the companies that would be most beneficial to you, would look good on your CV, and somewhere you would like to work should they keep you in mind for future paid roles, then you approach said companies and offer your services!
    Don't just take any ole role. It's give n take!

To thine own self be true

I don't have any experience in the Marketing industry, or knowledge, hence why I am looking for an internship. Can I really afford to be picky? I have emailed nearly all digital media/marketing agencies in Dublin, and the only reply I am getting is a "No" so far

I have a BSc in Multimedia and currently teaching myself code (HTML,CSS,JS). Hoping to do a Masters in Marketing in Sept.

What if you popped in to some places you have your eye on? Or some place near where you live?
    That way, they get to meet you face to face, and they know you are serious.

Sometimes with emails or app forms, they may get left to one side, whereas if you physically go in and cold call (sort of!), it'd stand to you :)

If I was an employer, I think I'd be more impressed with someone like that coz you show that you are:
    -eager/willing
    -determined
    -audacious
    -dogged

All really good traits in a potential Master of Marketing! ;)

That's good advice, thanks. I don't really have my 'eye' on anywhere, just hoping I can get in somewhere.

Do you think my age is against me (now 28), with a lack of work experience?

Nah I don't think lack of experience if would go against you..if anything it'd work with you because you'd be seen as mature, reliable and responsible. And the fact you don't want payment either. You just want experience. Nothing less, nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

A key skill in marketing is being able to get exposure for a campaign.
    In Dublin next week Cabinteely fc are going to launch a first division team for the season ahead. There will be a lot of media exposure nationally for the first few weeks.

I'd pop off an email to them saying can you run csmpaigns etc. Money will be tight but you have a huge market and can build contacts plus doing a trial and error with stuff before starting the masters.

Cork city did it well last year and the lads got huge praise. Its a possibility.

*I have no connection to cabinteely before anybody asks. Its just a suggestion.

Advertisement