Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer jobs for teachers

Options
  • 12-01-2015 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi!

I am working in a secondary school until May on maternity cover and then off from May - Aug (when I start applying again!!).. any ideas of jobs for qualified teachers for during the summer?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

July provision scheme for children with autism. I have done it for the past four summers. Just July so you have august to yourself. Get in touch with your local enable Ireland or Irish autism action.

(Very, very hard work and to make it worth your while you need to do full days ie: take on more than one child for the month.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Teaching English at a summer camp either in Ireland/UK or anywhere in Southern Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mcgoooo

Thank you!! Why is the money like for this job? Where would you be based? What are the Irish camps like letsgo.ie like for pay?
    heldel00 wrote: »
    July provision scheme for children with autism. I have done it for the past four summers. Just July so you have august to yourself. Get in touch with your local enable Ireland or Irish autism action.

(Very, very hard work and to make it worth your while you need to do full days ie: take on more than one child for the month.)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Taxi Driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,501 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Reader or scribe for state exams, supervisor or corrector?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

mcgoooo wrote: »
    Thank you!! Why is the money like for this job? Where would you be based? What are the Irish camps like letsgo.ie like for pay?

You'll have to look it up on dept website. Can't remember because it's an hourly rate. As I said you really need to take on 2 children to make it worth your while because of tax etc. Ask around and see if you can chat others that have done it before. As I said it's very hard work but could look good on the cv???

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Green_Zero

Has anyone ever done supply teaching in London for the summer. A lot of rooms to rent seem to become available in the summer with students gone home and it is a great city when the weather's nice and wimbledon and other events are on.
    I taught there last year but had my own contract with a school. Would it be quite straightforward getting full weeks supply for June and July?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I spent many summers pulling pints in various parts of the UK.

Advertisement