Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Mifi - Network Cable Broken

Options
  • 12-01-2015 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

I have a Three MiFi and when it stops working and when I troubleshoot it I get this message about some Network Cable being broken?!? What Network Cable like?!? It's a MiFi Device / Modem whatever ya want to call it, it sits in a Docking-Station. It has a USB Cable / plug-thing that plugs into the wall to charge it. What Network Cable are they on about?? The thing is wireless isnt it..... :confused: I'll throw it out the window now in a minute.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

And now it won't connect because the Security Key is wrong apparently. No it's not wrong the Security Key is right. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

Have you tried turning it on and off again?

... This actually is a requirement with mine, start the pc, turn dongle off, turn it back on and hey presto it finds the network signal. Also best to use it plugged in via usb as opening the wifi as well as netconnection will drain the battery. If you have any other mobile network software, install that too. They are fairly tempermental yokes. The sec key is on the inside of the dongle behind battery somewhere....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Turning it off and on doesn't seem to make any difference. USB to Laptop is a biteen awkward and I would have imagined it would lose the Signal easily that way hanging out the Laptop rather than sitting in the docking thing but maybe not. Shall give it a try like that. Why is there a 1 beside the WiFi Signal icon on the Device. It's not an exclamation mark I don't think, it looks like a 1.

No it's definitely a 1. Same thing it says a 1 as well on the WiFi icon on the Dashboard stuff where I would log in to My3 for text-messages and all the usage data etc. I wonder have I set up another connection or something by accident 'cos Troubleshooting mentionned something about an adaptor the other day and I don't know anything about adaptors. But I went into Settings and there was 3 L.A.N's in the List.... Is there supposed to be a list of several things?! I wasn't expecting there to be a list! Maybe there is I don't know. Maybe I've accidentally connected it to something else or set up something I shouldn't have..... I wonder is that why it's playing up lately. And it was so good. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

laptop+dongle -} three store perhaps... / ask three.

I have mine on the end of a Belkin 5m cable, greatly reduces the amount of exposure to 2.4Ghz radiation also.

Advertisement