Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why don't electronic artists get played on Irish Radio much?

Options
  • 12-01-2015 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Just looking at the charts recently and I've noticed alot of Irish artist, particularly electronic ones don't get a look in. Didn't MMOTHS sell out hangar a few months ago and artists like Talos and REID are getting alot of blog love but nothing much here in Ireland? What are your thoughts on this? I'll leave a link below to some of the artists I think should be getting more attention.

Talos - Bloom

REID - Miami

MMOTHS - Santo

#

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

Are you nuts? Why would you expect that Talos track to be played on daytime radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭guitarrrszz

Beaner1 wrote: »
    Are you nuts? Why would you expect that Talos track to be played on daytime radio?

not daytime exactly, but its definitely better than some stuff ive hear on the radio. that REID song is pretty catchy too

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Your idea of the demographics that listen to the radio is seriously askew if you're asking why Mmoths isn't getting more airtime. There'd probably be dozens of formal complaints lodged if any of those tunes were played on FM104.
    that REID song is pretty catchy too
    No hook and it sounds too much like drugs for the average office worker.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Sham Squire

If any mainstream DJ played any track (not just the ones above, but defo including the ones above) where very little happened for the first 90 seconds they'd be asked into the boss's office for a stern talking to. You've got 20 seconds to get to the point unless you're already massive so no hook for over a minute is radio suicide.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

All the mainstream Irish radio stations are ****ing wack, thats why, and anyone clued up enough to listen to anything better isnt listening to mainstream Irish radio.

Seek the margins.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

For the same reason Irish heavy metal bands don't get played on local radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

If you are in Dublin though then Raidio Na Life 106.4 FM have some quality shows after dark including every genre of electronic music under the sun as well as a really good metal show.

(full disclaimer - I have a show on there too)

Advertisement