Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Handbag Thread

• 12-01-2015 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I thought it might be nice to start a new thread on here where everyone can show off their new handbag / purse / wallet purchases and post what styles of bags they're planning on getting, or even just post your dream bags that are way out of your price range, but it's nice to dream! :D

Here's my Top 3 Handbags I'd love to get my hands on at some stage:

Celine Phantom Bag - I love the shape of these with the extended wings, I'd love to get one in a vibrant blue :)
    2Aez14i.jpg

The classic Mulberry Alexa - such a classic satchel type bag.
    QeEeVBh.jpg

For everyday wear the Antigona by Givenchy
    J3lcTeO.jpg

I'm afraid I may have to win the lotto before I'll be able to afford these :pac:

I'd love to see photos of all your prized purchases or must-have wants!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

I like this as my handbag collection has been put on pause recently due to a baby :) but all the same my boyfriend was in Boston before Christmas and I had him hunt down this purse (Black Friday and all haha) as much as I hate following the crowd with Michael Kors I absolutely LOVE the colour!
    $_35.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Pic is from google images :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

These three are the loves i currently own; two Marc Jacobs and a Michael Kors, all gifts and I love them! Pic below..

That Givenchy one in the first pic oh my!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Not its best angle but I fell in love with this baby in BT earlier in the month... trust me to go in to browse sale items, then covet one of the few items not in the sale :D
    The double zip detail is sooo pretty and it's made from gorgeous soft leather... I'll be looking for this one in the next sale if I haven't found a nice farmer with road frontage and a heart condition by then ;)
    http://www.isacouture.com/bluebell-shoulder-bag-nude-see-by-chloe-4548.html?___store=eu&___from_store=eu&currency=EUR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Anna080 - do you mind me asking how much the black Michael kors bag is and is it value for money? would love one as my current work bag is ready to fall apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Anna080 - do you mind me asking how much the black Michael kors bag is and is it value for money? would love one as my current work bag is ready to fall apart.

It was a gift but I believe it was around the €250 mark. I really do think it was value for money I use it everyday and it's big enough to fit everything I need but it's also neat and compact looking. I haven't purchased a bag since and Id always be one for buying cheap bags here and there so I've saved money in that sense!
    I know they're fairly common now but I still wear mine with pride!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

A while back, I decided to stop buying cheaper bags and only buy quality. Since then, I've gotten 3 main bags. I have two Vivienne Westwood leather bags, which I adore and have both worn so well. I've had this one 3 years and barely a scratch. I think it was €750 in Arnotts

dolce-vita-tassel-bag-p717745-573416_image.jpg

This is similar to my oldest Vivienne Westwood, except the handles on mine are tan. It was a present but I think about €500 in Arnotts

Logo-Shoulder-Bag.jpg

Got this McQueen bag in BT in the 2014 summer sale. Absolutely love it, but the skull fell off just before Christmas, so it's been sent for repair. Original price was €800 I think

BGV28RK_mi.jpg

I also have about 4 Kate Spade bags that I've picked up I the US on my travels. Great quality bags for the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

The jewel of my handbag collection is my Chanel classic single flap bag with silver hardware. I don't get to use it very often though as its small so my dream is to have one in large. Probably not gonna happen anytime soon though. Shocking how much the price has risen since I got mine about 5 years ago!

I also love that givenchy antigona!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭saram

Some nice Korean Leather Bags I came across.
    Less than 50 Euros each too.
    Like the look of them..

5agCBf.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I absolutely love this bag by Marc Jacobs, it was last years though, not sure what collection it was part of. I remember seeing it in BTs in Galway, my boyfriend had to drag me away from it.

marcj4450355581_q3_1-0.jpg

I also love this bag by Michael Kors. I would love to get it in tan and orange.

http://www.brownthomas.com/totes/jet-set-top-zip-saffiano-tote/invt/174x4489x30f2gttt8l2

885949955167tan1medium.jpg

415YhsRxXGL._UY395_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

I also love this bag by Michael Kors.

I've been eyeing up that bag for a while and also love those colours! I want a large bag for work that I can fit all my bits and pieces in - I already have a Michael Kors "Selma" in black but I have to carry my lunch separately which is a pain.
    Ideally I'd like a different brand (but in a similar price bracket) so I'm keeping an eye out. I love Kate Spade but can only seem to order from Selfridges and they don't have a large tote. I also love Marc by Marc Jacobs stuff and have one for my "casual" bag but his tote is quite heavy before I've even put anything into it! Maybe someone will know the perfect bag for me?

This is going to be my favourite ever thread by the way. I love handbags!

• Advertisement

FYI - Kate Spade now has an outlet in Kildare Village

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

dudara wrote: »
    FYI - Kate Spade now has an outlet in Kildare Village

Ooh! Very interesting! Thanks for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Been eyeing up the tan Michael kors bag for work. It's a lot more than I would ever spend on something. Most my handbags are from pennys! My work bag is from Tommy Hilfiger but was got for like $40 in America 6 years ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

I have quite a few Michael Kors bags because my brother's girlfriend works for them in advertising.
    30% off new stock, 50% off outlets and $1 sample sales! That's not a typo btw! :D

I've been obsessing over this Miu Miu bag since I saw it on Buynowbloglater last year.
    miumiu11.jpg

I have the Chanel classic flap bag in small black but I'd love a larger one. Not sure what colour but I do like the navy. Tbh, I'd take any!

Coupon-For-Top-Chanel-28600-Jumbo-Navy-blue-flap-bag-caviar-leather-silver-chain-841_0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Coach have never really been on my radar before but I saw this bag in a magazine before Christmas and I really love it. I went to the store to take a look and it is very nice in the flesh too. I didn't buy it though. Probably by the time I make my mind up it will be gone!

Coach tatum tote

34398_liblk_a0?$pd_main$

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Coach have never really been on my radar before but I saw this bag in a magazine before Christmas and I really love it. I went to the store to take a look and it is very nice in the flesh too. I didn't buy it though. Probably by the time I make my mind up it will be gone!

Coach leather bags are quite nice, and not as naff as the monogram bags. I've seen some lovely leather stuff in Coach during my travels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I have quite a few Michael Kors bags because my brother's girlfriend works for them in advertising.
    30% off new stock, 50% off outlets and $1 sample sales! That's not a typo btw! :D

I've been obsessing over this Miu Miu bag since I saw it on Buynowbloglater last year.
    <SNIP> Please do not quote images

Not usually a pink fan but love that! <3

I don't have any designer bags. I think the most expensive one I own cost about €50. I do love some of them, but they always just seem so expensive! I really like Marc by Marc Jacobs bags. Probably will get one before the summer. They are not the worst when it comes to price.

I kind of like Michael Kors bags but everyone has them, they are everywhere. Chanel bags don't interest me at all, never got the appeal. It's a classic design but wouldn't be my style. A Mulberry bag would be amazing, they are my favourite. But think of the things you could buy with the cost of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭princess3901

Love this thread, I'm a big DKNY fan, I have 4 DKNY handbags. The love of my life next to hubby has to be my Chanel small single flap bag, have it about 7 yrs.

The dream is a Hermes Birkin but once again that's for dream land.

Have been talking about a Mulberry Bayswater for months, it will happen during 2015

Edited to say, some of the bags posted in this thread are amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭whatever76

cool thread ! Love handbags.
    Mulberry top of my list for dream everyday bag but it has been demoted for - http://www.smythson.com/burgundy-berkeley-handbag.html

Tom Ford also up there - http://www.tomford.com/jennifer-leather-adjustable-strap-large-shoulder-bag/L0003T-VEN.html?dwvar_L0003T-VEN_color=CAR#start=1

On high street - Massimo Dutti do great bags and are fab quality.

Advertisement