Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

your movie life

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

the first movie you ever saw in the cinema : 101 Dalmatians (it was a re-release!)

the movie you love that no one(you know) has heard of: Conspiracy

movie you love that everyone else hates: Armageddon (hangs head in shame!)

your desert island movie: The Big Lebowski

your favourite mob movie: Ghost dog the way of the samuri/ Leon

the movie that scared you the most: The Exorcist

Several of these could have been replaced by other films. I couldn't decide between two for the mob one so I included both!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Arghus wrote: »

Movie you love that everyone else hates: Your Highness. Critics really hated it and I don't think I've met anyone who has claimed to really have enjoyed it. I can totally see why it's perceived as godawful but I've watched it three times and laughed at it's stupid, juvenile, vulgar humour each and every time. It's a great looking film with a starry cast and yet they blow it all on endless, endless dick jokes and silly first take goofs. I kind of find that charming in a weird way.

Ha, I thought it was going to be awful but I was in stitches for the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

the first movie you ever saw in the cinema : Petes Dragon (Forum Glasthule)

the movie you love that no one(you know) has heard of: The Lookout

movie you love that everyone else hates: The Thin Red Line

your desert island movie: Empire Strikes Back

your favourite mob movie: Godfather II

the movie that scared you the most: Event Horizon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭HeathenWolf

the first movie you ever saw in the cinema:
    Stuart Little (I think)

the movie you love that no one(you know) has heard of:
    The Punisher (with Dolph Lundgren)

movie you love that everyone else hates:
    Little Nicky

your desert island movie:
    Die Hard

your favourite mob movie:
    Scarface

the movie that scared you the most:
    Halloween (I'm desensitised to most horrors now but Halloween always scared me as a kid)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

the first movie you ever saw in the cinema : Ghostbusters at the Cineplex in Cork City with my dad and older brother. I was only just turned 5 and distinctly remember being frightened at Slimer.

the movie you love that no one(you know) has heard of: Unbreakable. It's association with Shyamalan has somewhat sullied it's reputation, but I just love it, by far his best movie for me.

movie you love that everyone else hates: The English Patient. For a movie that won 9 oscars, plenty seem to despise it. Having watched it recently as an adult, I appreciate it it's merits a lot more than I did as a 16 year old muttering about what all the fuss is about. It's a beautiful movie and more poignant when re-visiting it knowing that Minghella passed away so young.

your desert island movie: Castaway :D. But seriously, it would have to be the Shawshank Redemption.

your favourite mob movie: The Godfather Part 2. A masterpiece.

the movie that scared you the most: Whenever Jaws was on TV as a child. Going to bed that evening I was scared to let my leg dangle out of the bed because I genuinely thought it would eaten :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,442 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

the first movie you ever saw in the cinema : Superman in the Adelphi in '79

the movie you love that no one(you know) has heard of: 12:01, a made for tv time loop film that came out at the same time as Groundhog Day

movie you love that everyone else hates: Supergirl, it was cheesy but Helen Slater was hawt!

your desert island movie: Blade Runner, could watch it on repeat all day

your favourite mob movie: Pulp Fiction, because it's a Badass Motherfúcker

the movie that scared you the most: none really but the one that disturbed me the most would be A Serbian Film

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

the first movie you ever saw in the cinema : Return of the Jedi (First one I can remember seeing anyway)

the movie you love that no one(you know) has heard of: (I'll think of one and edit it in later)

movie you love that everyone else hates: The Phantom Menace

your desert island movie: A Hard Day's Night (just the sheer joy of it, and I'm cheating as it'll give some music as well)

your favourite mob movie: Snatch (Turkish, Brick Top, Brad Pitt as a pikey, the soundtrack, what's not to love?)

the movie that scared you the most: The Omen (movies were way scarier in the 70s)

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

the first movie you ever saw in the cinema : Star Wars Episode 1

the movie you love that no one(you know) has heard of: Primer

movie you love that everyone else hates: Can't think of any but I'm the only person I know IRL that likes The Big Lebowski

your desert island movie: Borat, Goodfellas or The Warriors

your favourite mob movie: The Departed

the movie that scared you the most: No movies these days scare me but Alien scared the crap out of me as a kid. The chest burster, the cat and the alien and the fight with the andriod.

Advertisement