Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calculator Response Win 7

Options
  • 12-01-2015 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

This has been driving me mad for a long time, say I'm entering 188,
    1 is ok but when I hit 8,I'm likely to get TWO 8's, it can be any digit, not just 8's

Is there any way to slow it down or correct this, the keyboard is fine, no problems there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

danjo-xx wrote: »
    This has been driving me mad for a long time, say I'm entering 188,
    1 is ok but when I hit 8,I'm likely to get TWO 8's, it can be any digit, not just 8's

Is there any way to slow it down or correct this, the keyboard is fine, no problems there.

Sounds like a sticky key causing it. Even if it's not obvious to your touch. Is it a laptop or is it a USB keyboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

desktop pc, its when i'm entering numbers using the mouse.

I know I can slow down the mouse but mouse fine otherwise. Might try n tweak it a bit, see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

So this is only on Calculator? Everywhere else is fine?
    Also, it's always the second or subsequent numbers? The first number is always ok?

Morpork wrote: »
    So this is only on Calculator? Everywhere else is fine?
    Also, it's always the second or subsequent numbers? The first number is always ok?

yeah that seems to be about it all right.

That's really weird... It's not an issue with your mouse I don't think.
    What version of Windows?

Try going to C:\windows\system32 find calc.exe. Right click it and run as administrator. Test it then.
    Also try in safe mode. Could be some driver or software causing an issue.
    If it's still the same, download this and test it. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21622

• Advertisement

Morpork wrote: »
    That's really weird... It's not an issue with your mouse I don't think.
    What version of Windows?

Try going to C:\windows\system32 find calc.exe. Right click it and run as administrator. Test it then.
    Also try in safe mode. Could be some driver or software causing an issue.
    If it's still the same, download this and test it. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21622

thanks for replying, had a quick look in the reg but couldn't find calculator, its not really a place I like hanging out in:D

Think I'll just use the keyboard now, its actually handier.

Bizarre...can't figure out that at all. Is it the standard windows calculator you're using?

hit start and type "calc".

Bizarre...can't figure out that at all. Is it the standard windows calculator you're using?

hit start and type "calc".

Yup standard win 7 calculator, ah no worries, don't use it much but whenever I did it kept giving me wrong answers, very frustrating, least I know now whats happening.:)

I got a new keyboard as I messed up the space bar after cleaning it some time ago and lo and behold the calculator when used with the mouse is now working perfectly...

every little helps:D

That's such a weird problem. But thanks for letting us know what happened!

• Advertisement

danjo-xx wrote: »
    I got a new keyboard as I messed up the space bar after cleaning it some time ago and lo and behold the calculator when used with the mouse is now working perfectly...

every little helps:D

Cheers for the update! It was so weird!

Advertisement