Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claiming tax back

Options
  • 12-01-2015 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

We are here a year this month but we have no clue how to go about claiming tax back, is there a way to do it online or can we go to someone about it? First year so no idea how to go about it

Any help would be great

H&r block would be a decent place to get it fine first time round. I have my own accountant that I use for taxes every year who's an absolute genius that gets me under 18k for income every year with deductions (I make 1k a week after tax), but you'd really need to find a decent one yourself if going that route.

H&r block will do a decent enough job for you though for a reasonable price. Hopefully you kept all your receipts

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Used h&r block every year I was there and found them great...always got me a few grand back in rebates

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

H&R Block's fees are very high. There are much cheaper options eg Liberty Tax Service etc.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭CBCB2

http://www.netfile.gc.ca/menu-eng.html

There's a list of free certified products that let you fill it in online. I used simpletax last year, it's very straightforward and they even have contact details if you get stuck. I sent them an email and they responded the next day. I found it great, I got audited last year too and everything was spot on.

Advertisement