Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ideas for 1st Date

• 12-01-2015 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭

Well lads, decided to try the online dating thing for the craic and ive met this really nice girl so we're going out on a date.. shes from dublin so i'm heading up there. Id like to do something interesting but i haven't a clue where to bring her. she says its all up to me what we're gonna do..

So i need all decent options on what to do in dublin?

All comments are appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭manlad

Well lads, decided to try the online dating thing for the craic and ive met this really nice girl so we're going out on a date.. shes from dublin so i'm heading up there. Id like to do something interesting but i haven't a clue where to bring her. she says its all up to me what we're gonna do..

So i need all decent options on what to do in dublin?

All comments are appreciated. Thanks

The Market Bar is always great for first dates.

The Dean on Hardcourt St has a nice rooftop restaurant and Bar with great views.

Keep it casual for the first one, drinks is always best. Best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

Going for a meal? Depending on the budget, some of the following places could be good:

-Wagamama (Asian fusion food, gorgeous stuff, very reasonable. King Street South, Dublin 2; opposite the Gaiety Theatre)

-Dobbins (Standard high quality "traditional food", equally gorgeous, but quite pricey; 15 Stephen's Lane, Dublin 2; near Merrion Square)

-Elephant & Castle (Trendy-ish spot, chicken wings to die for, reasonable; 18 Temple Bar, Dublin 2; just off the main square in Temple Bar, near the Palm Tree bench)

Loads of others, but that's off the top of my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Whatever you do, don't go to the cinema or a comedy club / show. You'll want to chat and enjoy each others company.
    It may depend on your age and lifestyle, but perhaps a cocktail bar like the VCC?
    It would spark some conversation too.

I presume you're meeting at evening time?
    If not, perhaps meet in howth and go for a walk in the pier followed by a drink / coffee or and a bite to eat at many of the nice eateries there?

Best of luck!

Advertisement