Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless headphones issue/suggestions

Options
  • 12-01-2015 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

hi there. i'm looking for a cheapy pair of wireless headphones to use on my pc. it'll be for gaming, but only casual so i'm aiming at the lower end of the budget spectrum. i picked up a pair of akai (A58031 i believe) ones in dunnes but haven't been able to connect them successfully. i'm using one of the small bluetooth receiver dongles but with no joy.

is there something obvious i'm missing out on? that combination should work?

if not, could anyone recommend a pair? no real requirements other than cheap and functional. had a look at these, but seems too cheap to be not terrible

HUMLIN-WIRELESS-HEADPHONES-CORDLESS-HEADSET-white/dp/B00HLNYCW6

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Do they have to be wireless? I just picked up a set of top reviewed Seinnheisers off Amazon (search "headphones", first result with 2K reviews) and they are excellent for clarify, build quality, comfort and noise cancellation.

Link here below, cost about €23 in total.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0007XJSQC/

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭amorgan

Yeah, I am exclusively looking at wireless. It's for a pc set up through my tv, I don't want a cable across the room. Only maybe two metres, but Bluetooth friendly. Thanks though! Any other recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

amorgan wrote: »
    Yeah, I am exclusively looking at wireless. It's for a pc set up through my tv, I don't want a cable across the room. Only maybe two metres, but Bluetooth friendly. Thanks though! Any other recommendations?
    Then I recommend these, top seller / reviews and connects to 3rd party dongles like yours.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluedio-Shooting-wireless-bluetooth-headphones/dp/B00LA520Y8/

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭amorgan

advertsfox wrote: »
    Then I recommend these, top seller / reviews and connects to 3rd party dongles like yours.

that's quite a good offer alright! i'm a little concerned about the review though, there's a consistent theme in the low ratings of being very cheaply made and breaking. have you tried a pair yourself? the 1 star reviews seem to all say they're quite tight and when expanding just break!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Groupon and Living social are both doing wireless headphone deals at the moment i think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Tk Maxx were doing a pair of wireless headphones before Christmas for €30. I know someone who has them for watching t.v. and says their good.

Advertisement