Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kernel Security Check Failure BSOD

Options
  • 12-01-2015 11:04pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.techtir.ie/sites/default/files/u1000004/mobidtv/stick.png

Have the above USB stick (have had it since 2011) and had no trouble in Windows 7. I found it recently and plugged it into my Windows 8.1 laptop and while it recognised the device, a scan for channels in DVBViewer proved unsuccessful. I then obtained the original drivers, that came with it on a disc and installed these (in compatability mode) and tried scanning again, when I was presented with a KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE blue screen of death. I then restarted and removed the drivers I installed and tried a scan and the device worked perfectly. Since then after a restart I am having KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE screens no matter what.

Seeing as I have got the device working on this OS, is it possible that I can prevent these BSOD errors?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Maybe try booting with last known good configuration? Or possibly rolling back to a restore point?

Advertisement