Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on editing fee, please

Options
  • 13-01-2015 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I like to get some advice how much shall I charge to edit a 4 and half hour lecture footage.

They have 5 of them for the course they want me to edit, but there is an other course as well around same amount of footage. It had been recorded with 2 camera. Audio recorded separately. Need to cut out irrelevant parts of the course. Put in presentation slide and used short film clips.

Its for friend, I done some video work for free or very cheap, but for this job I d like to get a proper fee. Don’t want to count hourly rate, as maybe I am slow. Done film college, some editing jobs, but that doesn’t make me a professional editor.

Any idea how much I would be a fair price ?
    Thank you
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Vica80

Anyone, please

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭MagicHumanDoll

IMO that could be a decent amount of time to do it. Pick a price YOU would be happy to do it for, but if I were you I'd take about 80 quid no worries for that but entirely up to you. I also am looking at this as someone who is not professional (I'm competent though)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I can't say what the going rate is but basically you need to cover your costs, this should include your equipment and time.

You could probably work out how much your equipment and electricity and so on costs but an hourly rate is probably the most fair way of doing it, because at the end of the day even if you've got software worth 2 grand it's your time and all the time it took you to learn your skills that the guy is paying for. Learning skills like video editing takes a long time, it's one of those things you never stop learning, if you gave him the software he wouldn't be able to do what you're able to do so it's your time he's paying for and nothing else really.

So you should want at least minimum wage and then some.

Advertisement