Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lack of eyebrows

• 13-01-2015 2:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭

So, the eyebrows are disappearing. Currently half each side is there, and the other half is very much thinned out. Thus, wondering what options there are? It seems the cost of hair transplant is in the region of €4000-€5000 for the procedure, with another €10 per hair transplanted.

Although I currently wear glasses, in the long term I'll be getting laser eye surgery, so the lack of eyebrows would become very obvious when I stop having to wear glasses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

Not a suggestion that most men would agree with, but I know a guy who has no eyebrows, but usually he draws them on, I knew him and saw him a minimum of once a week for 2 years before ever noticing they were drawn on, and that's only because I noticed he didn't have them one day. Drawn on eyebrows don't always look insanely obvious if you can draw them on properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

You can still wear glasses even after you don't need them. Just look at hipsters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Do you have hypothyroidism? Loss of eyebrows can be part of it and a sign you need to adjust your meds. If you haven't ever had your thyroid checked it'd be worth getting checked in case your thyroid hormone is low.

There's eyebrow serum on amazon that gets great reviews if your eyebrows aren't all gone. It might be worth a try.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/RapidBrow-Eye-Brow-Enhancing-Serum/dp/B008U8N26I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421112552&sr=8-1&keywords=Eyebrow+serum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Actually on that rte show Nationwide today there was a lady who had lost her eyebrows due to chemo. She got them tattooed on somewhere in dub. It showed her getting the procedure on the show. The result was natural. I'm not sure how well it'd work for male eyebrows as they're usually thicker but might be worth looking into.

Advertisement