Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How cold is too cold?

Options
  • 13-01-2015 7:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Bit of background. The store I work in has a problem with the heating, it has gotten quite bad this week as there is construction work ongoing in another part of the building. Since this began tempatures have plummeted to around 14/15celsius. My manager claims its out of his hands and to just wrap up. Is this right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭sidcon

ACANDROID wrote: »
    Bit of background. The store I work in has a problem with the heating, it has gotten quite bad this week as there is construction work ongoing in another part of the building. Since this began tempatures have plummeted to around 14/15celsius. My manager claims its out of his hands and to just wrap up. Is this right?
    If the temperature is to low they can hire out heating system from the likes of hss. I've had to do it in my shops when heating has broke down but Irish law states minimum of 16c.

What+are+my+right?+Workplace+regulations

Q+I+Have+a+question+about+my+health+and+my+working+conditions.

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/health/what-are-my-right-workplace-regulations-26619222.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

sidcon wrote: »
    If the temperature is to low they can hire out heating system from the likes of hss. I've had to do it in my shops when heating has broke down but Irish law states minimum of 16c.

And it is a minimun of 17.5c for "Sedentary office work". Although in both cases the general regs state that this should be met "so far as is reasonably practical" It could be argued however that as there is building work going on at the moment that this is not "reasonably practical".

Have another word with the boss and tell him that you have investigated and that these are the minimum temps and see what he says.

Are you in a union ? If so you could have a chat with the rep.

Advertisement