Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frequent night waking

Options
2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

asleep at 8pm, up at 1130pm until 230am:eek::eek:

back up at 530am :eek: for the day

exhausted doesnt even begin to describe it:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

John Mason wrote: »
    asleep at 8pm, up at 1130pm until 230am:eek::eek:

back up at 530am :eek: for the day

exhausted doesnt even begin to describe it:mad:

i feel bad for posting my success story. although i will probably be kicking myself tonight.
    it so so hard.
    do any of you have older kids too. i have a 2.5yr old and just find the days draining when we have had a bad night. she is very good at least but i feel bad for her some days when i havent an ounce of energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Claire de Lune

How is everyone?

I am on survival mode :-( Baby stays awake for 2 hours in the middle of the night, every night! There is absolutely nothing wrong with him, he's in great form, super happy all day, feeds well, sleeps well.... And then this :-(

Last night we just couldn't put him back to sleep, so we decided to give him a cuddle and told him "sleep time" and and let him cry... He cried for 3 minutes and went to sleep. But then he woke up 10 minutes later! So we did the same, a cuddle, "sleep time" and left. He cried for 2-3 min and went to sleep. And woke up again 15 min later! So we repeated the above. He went asleep for the rest of the night after the 5th time. I am trying to convince myself that this is progress!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭deh983

Believe me that IS progress!!! We went through the same last week with the frequent waking. We are lucky in the sense that when he wakes during the night he doesn't stay awake for hours. But we had to start letting him cry as it was getting ridiculous the amount of times he was waking!!
    Last night was the best ever. Asleep at 8:15 settled him at 10. Settled himself at 12 and that was it until 6!!! Into bed with me then till 7:30. Every night is different but since I started to try get him to settle himself it has improved a lot.

We are going into another leap in the next few days so probably all go out the window!!

Sssshhhh don't tell anyone but part of me is looking forward to going back to work!!!

so i had 2 good nights (7pm - 6.30 am), then 2 bad nights awake for over an hour in the middle of the night) then last night was once again a good night.
    fingers crossed. were at the start of a leap too so god knows what he is going to be like. but hey he never slept great when he wasnt in a leap anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i am like a zombie. he has been up twice in the last hour screaming the house down,

its going to be along day

Hilarious. we had a party to go to last night so OH's brother and partner said they would take the kids.
    There in the mid 20's, she's mad for kids but OH brother not ready yet. we arrived today to collect them and walked in to a bomb site. kids stuff everywhere, baba soaking wet having spilt beaker all over him self SIL looking exhausted and extreamly frazled and 2.5 was grand. was so funny. she couldnt get us out of there quick enough. L settled to bed fine for them. they had 2.5yr old in a seperate room and L in their room in travel cot, the other spare room was a big packed of stuff. they woke him at 11 pm when they were going to bed and couldnt get him back asleep for 3 hours. then he woke at 6.30. they were exhausted. was quite funny.
    Major eye opener for them. hopefully he is ok tonight. friday night he slept from 7.15pm to 7.45 am. i was totally shocked so hopefully last night was just a little hicup.

Advertisement