Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Porsche 924 Superthread

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Is that your black one on Done deal Dades? Any interest so far?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Harcrid wrote: »
    Is that your black one on Done deal Dades? Any interest so far?
    That would be mine alright.

Chatted to one chap who subsequently made an offer, but too low for me to consider at this point. I tend to get impatient selling cars but willing to wait for the right buyer this time.

Another offer on Adverts, but you never know whether that's just an offer to come and view and haggle some more.

Wouldn't mind hearing your experience too, if you want to PM me. :)

PM sent.

Looks like you sold it Dades. That didn't take long.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Nice one Dades, that was good going.

• Advertisement

Yeah, got a call out of the blue today from a chap looking to view. He'd been to see another that wasn't up to much so swung by, and I happened to be free.

He had a mate, a trailer, and cash, so a deal was made. He's going to do it up good I believe. Maybe not what I might have got if I'd played the waiting game, but more than I expected when I first decided to sell. Decided a bird in the hand, etc. Winter is here to stay and I really didn't want to have it sitting up all winter. :o

Need to fork out 560 quid VRT on the Alfa this week, too!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

May as well close the thread now. Everyone that has one has sold it recently. 😀

On the flip side there's a bunch of new owners who might need assistance. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dcollins

I still have mine (black 83' uk import), going up for some work in jan- few bits. want to get er NCT'd. Great having this thread, i've gotten some great info over the years here. Cheers Dades and the gang.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Hi gang , great thread , looking at this tomorrow as my potential first classic. I’m no mechanic. Any quick opinions or advice for this one?

Seller says he has it a long time his dad had it before him

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/28072628

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Forget it.. I walked away. It wouldn't start, bonnet wouldn't close properly, no handbrake, no history or evidence of it ever passing an nct... not for me

Was mentioned here. A few replies.

Looks in good shape.
    I'd be asking about the electrics (particularly the windows), and maybe the dashboard.

Would definitely ask directly if it suffers from warm starting issues, as although resolvable, the resolution is not ideal and the issue can cause a real headache.

Let us know what you hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Steroo wrote: »
    Forget it.. I walked away. It wouldn't start, bonnet wouldn't close properly, no handbrake, no history or evidence of it ever passing an nct... not for me

Wow.
    And looking for top dollar

Hot AND cold start issue by the sounds of it. :D

Advertisement