Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should i go??????????

Options
  • 13-01-2015 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey everyone

I have been thinking about moving to Toronto for a while now. I have a secure clerical/admin job working for the Health Service in which I have been working for over a year but I would love a change. I have a degree in Architectural Technology (have not had much luck getting a job in that area) and would like to work in that area, I know it will be hard to land a job with little experience especially in a different country, I would be willing to take an admin/clerical job if needs be. What is the job situation in Toronto like in the given areas and is it easy to pick up work?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Take a career break and give it a go. If it doesn't work out at least you'll have a job waiting for you

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gooners123

COYVB wrote: »
    Take a career break and give it a go. If it doesn't work out at least you'll have a job waiting for you

That’s the good thing about trust jobs I suppose always something to come back to. What is the current job situation in Toronto like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

My advice is to go for it. Otherwise you won't know any better than hanging around Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

Go. Go while you still can. I got out yonks ago and I've never looked back.
    Ireland is a miserable place to live at the moment and will be for the foreseeable future.

We have nothing to celebrate next year - 100 years of what ? The country being ruined by self-serving politicians ?

This video tells you all you need to know....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koY6kXhQDQo

Every word he says is absolutely true.....

And while I'm at it :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCHu1kRT6hU

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Gooners123

cheers for the advice guys im going to give it ago and sure if does not work out its only a hop over the pond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

Gooners123 wrote: »
    cheers for the advice guys im going to give it ago and sure if does not work out its only a hop over the pond.

One bit of advice from experience is, make sure you give it a real good go. I was very homesick and missed stuff from back home for 2 months after my first month. Missing family, sport, friends etc. I was nearly considering going home. Plus my wages weren't great at the start.

But after that, I stuck with it and I'm back home now due to personal circumstances, but the second I can leave again I'm going straight back to Vancouver. I travelled all over Mexico and USA working on blockbuster hollywood movies. An experience I'd never have got at home and my career progressed and I got to experience things you'd only dream of back home.

I'm even considering staying over there permanently. It's unreal, just give it time and YOU do what you want to do. Don't expect opportunities to show up on your doorstep. Be the one that goes the extra mile or look at things outside your comfort zone!

Advertisement