Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rehome Rabbits

• 13-01-2015 12:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm currently taking care of two rabbits that are leftovers from a previous relationship.

When we broke up my ex couldn't take the rabbits with her as her mother didn't want them in the house.

They're both male, neutered and well behaved but I just simply can't look after them anymore. I'm not home enough anymore in order to take care of them to the standard of quality that they deserve and they're a little underweight as I'm never there enough to keep them fed as much as they need to be.

Overfeeding them at the weekend when I am there isn't working, I work long hours and just simply can't be at home to take care of them anymore.

My ex was home a lot more often than I was so that was fine at the time.

I love the little guys and all but they deserve a better life than I can give them at the moment.

I have put myself on the <snip> rehoming list but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I'd love to see them going to a good home.

Sammy (on the left) is nearly 4 years old and Alfie (on the right) is just over two years old.

They're in reasonable health but need to be fattened up a bit (which I have been trying to do with what little time I have with them during the week) so a trip to the vet may be required for both just for a check up.

I can't actually afford to do this myself at the minute unfortunately.

Looking to send them to a good home, I don't expect any money for it I just want to give them a better life than I can right now. They're house bunnies but I think they could adapt to outside life easily enough.

Sammy is lovely and affectionate at times but he also has a bit of an attitude - it keeps things interesting!

Alfie is docile and lazy and doesn't interact much but doesn't mind being pet down or picked up etc.

My job involves a lot of foreign travel these days so I can't keep lumping them on my parents to look after either, besides they need somebody that can be around from time to time to keep them company and whilst that was me (and my ex) at the time that we were together it just isn't the same anymore and they deserve so much more.

Anyway I'll give whatever leftover food I have, you'll get a cage for each (their bonding was unsuccessful so they need to be kept separate) a carry case for vet visits or transportation and whatever toys and trinkets I have left over.

Please guys if you know of anybody that could help rehome these guys I would really appreciate it.

I'm upset enough with myself already and feel so guilty for not being there for them as much as I need to be.

Thanks.

334768.jpg
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement