Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2014-2015 Boards FSA Champions Cup

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Looking forward to seeing how we lineup tomorrow noonish ;)

We've 5 different players and different captains. All to play for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

skippy15 wrote: »
    Holding a 7 point lead over Dearg,
    Similar enough teams so going be close- be harsh if that Sturidge assist decides it

What's your team I'd skippy? The ID above is wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Heading out v adammm unless Costa does something special tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I'm out unless Ivanovic outscores Jones,Green and Austin by about 5 points!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

G1032 wrote: »
    We've 5 different players and different captains. All to play for.

On current BPS we're tied! Your Ivan and Coutinho vs. my Terry and Costa(c)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Think I might be ok. Just a quick look.

50 v46 and I had 3 pt lead.

Ivan and Costa v Terry and Austin.

Berty and Eriksen clawed me back from defeat.

Congrats! Well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

KevIRL wrote: »
    8 points won't be enough though. 31-21 at the mo....
    Me opting for Kane looks to have put enough space between us with your Costa vs my Austin tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

AdMMM wrote: »
    Me opting for Kane looks to have put enough space between us with your Costa vs my Austin tomorrow.

I need Costa to outscore Austin by 14 points to tie it I think. That's a hat trick at least.

Highly unlikely unfortunately. Ah well at least I get to do a runner with the last longest loots

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    I need Costa to outscore Austin by 14 points to tie it I think. That's a hat trick at least.

Highly unlikely unfortunately. Ah well at least I get to do a runner with the last longest loots

Don't worry Kev, Costa will do his part with a 20 pointer tomorrow

Don't worry Kev, Costa will do his part with a 20 pointer tomorrow
    As a Chelsea fan I want him to get back to his scoring ways, but wouldn't be sad to see him subbed after grabbing just the one goal :p

spock 53(-4) V 49 PARlance

So a draw today but I'm still 5 points down from last week. Going to need a miracle from Ivanovic tomorrow:

spock: Ivanovic
    PARlance: Jones,Green,Austin +5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Think I am 7 pts ahead of Boots after today with his Terry and Hazard (C) v my Terry, Hazard, Costa. If Haz has a quite day I won't complain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

spock. wrote: »
    spock 53(-4) V 49 PARlance

So a draw today but I'm still 5 points down from last week. Going to need a miracle from Ivanovic tomorrow:

spock: Ivanovic
    PARlance: Jones,Green,Austin +5

Unless my lads go all French crazy on me, I should be fine :)
    One of them will get sent off just to make it interesting!

PARlance wrote:
    Unless my lads go all French crazy on me, I should be fine :) One of them will get sent off just to make it interesting!
    What I need:
    A Phil Jones own goal, Green red card, and Austin missed pen. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Congrats to tom k.

I had it all to do but my captaining Aguero v his Kane gave him a comfortable win.

Congrats to tom k.

I had it all to do but my captaining Aguero v his Kane gave him a comfortable win.

It looks like all of Group P are heading out. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I haven't had a great day due to not captaining Kane, but just logged on to see jebforever hasn't either!!
    Holding a 22 pt lead with my Costa up against a Captained Rooney and Zouma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

qwabercd (226872) vs Dahat (35074)

73 - 84 total score so far.

qwabercd has Terry,Austin and Hazard
    I Have Ivanovic,Costa and Hazard plus 11pts.

I look home and hosed but you never know.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'm up against Hackers by 10 points.
    He has Costa left and I have Sturridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

AdpRo wrote: »
    Think I am 7 pts ahead of Boots after today with his Terry and Hazard (C) v my Terry, Hazard, Costa. If Haz has a quite day I won't complain!

As it stands it looks like I'll be relinquishing my title unless Chelsea get a few penalties tomorrow!

I'm absolutely raging with myself now for taking that hit to do Sturridge to Benteke. Stupid stupid stupid. I'd be 4 ahead and still have a striker to play.

Even if both Costa and Terry don't score or assist I'll need an assist from either Ivanovic or Couthino (unless Costa gets a yellow and ends on 1 point - which would leave us tied)
    There is no rule written in the OP to determine winner in event of a tie.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I need ivan and austin to outscore terry and bruce by 7 pts to level the scores with richiefff.
    What happens if its a draw on aggregate score?

Lemlin up two points on El Festino who still has Austin to play. What happens if it's a draw?

Lemlin wrote:
    Highest overall ranked player wins.

This is from the playoff round. I assume it applies in the knockout rounds aswell.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

spock. wrote: »
    This is from the playoff round. I assume it applies in the knockout rounds aswell.

I hope not, that is a completely unfair way to solve it.
    There are two legs, it should go on away points, if it's still tied, toss of a coin.

Anyone who benefited from that Studge assist loses the tiebreaker :p

F1ngers wrote: »
    There are two legs, it should go on away points, if it's still tied, toss of a coin.

:confused:

Goals scored over the two legs maybe but I don't see how performance over a season is a worse tiebreaker than a coin flip

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'd let next gw's score be the tie break make the draw anyway and whoever gets the highest score next week continues on in the 2 legged affair.

Anyone who benefited from that Studge assist loses the tiebreaker :p

I sold him after that in the interest of fairness!! I couldn't live with it!

• Advertisement

Goals scored over the two legs maybe but I don't see how performance over a season is a worse tiebreaker than a coin flip

Performance over a season is very unfair. It's a Cup, not a league!
    Goals scored seems fair enough I think........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

How is it unfair? It's the exact way FFS and some other cup competitions do it.

If it's a tie over two legs, the player performing better that season wins. I don't see how that is unfair.

I think it's more apt than a virtual coin toss.

Lemlin wrote: »
    How is it unfair? It's the exact way FFS and some other cup competitions do it.

If it's a tie over two legs, the player performing better that season wins. I don't see how that is unfair.

I think it's more apt than a virtual coin toss.

It's unfair because this is a Cup Competition not a league so why should your league standing decide whether or not you progress in a Cup?
    Just because other Cup Competitions are decided like this doesn't make it right.
    Somebody might have had a horror start in the first 3 weeks of the season and because they did they get eliminated from a Cup competition in GW31???

Ties in The Fantasy Cup proper are decided on least transfers made and then goals scored iirc

It's unfair because this is a Cup Competition not a league so why should your league standing decide whether or not you progress in a Cup?
    Just because other Cup Competitions are decided like this doesn't make it right.
    Somebody might have had a horror start in the first 3 weeks of the season and because they did they get eliminated from a Cup competition in GW31???

Ties in The Fantasy Cup proper are decided on least transfers made and then goals scored iirc

Because IMO the league format is still what this game is all about. In the last round I would of went out to El Festino in a tie when I posted that but had no problem with it.

He's having the better season so deserves to go through.

If people would like, we can have a separate poll of there is a tie in the round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

menoscemo wrote: »
    I haven't had a great day due to not captaining Kane, but just logged on to see jebforever hasn't either!!
    Holding a 22 pt lead with my Costa up against a Captained Rooney and Zouma.

As a united fan, I had mixed feelings on Rooney missing that penalty I have to admit :o

Looks like I am through unless Zouma outscores Costa by 22

spock. wrote:
    spock: Ivanovic PARlance: Jones,Green,Austin +5

Jones 1 pointer. The dream is alive :pac:

Away points? Ah come on that's ridiculous! In real life football of course there's an advantage of playing home or away, but in fantasy that simply doesn't exist.

The rules were clearly stated before the league began so any reservations should have been raised then. We can look at alternative ways next season in my opinion.

If Mignolet can steal that bap from Coutinho I'm 5 points down with Costa(c) and Terry against Ivan. Come on Diego

Away points? Ah come on that's ridiculous! In real life football of course there's an advantage of playing home or away, but in fantasy that simply doesn't exist.

The rules were clearly stated before the league began so any reservations should have been raised then. We can look at alternative ways next season in my opinion.

They were also in place in last season's Champions Cup.

• Advertisement

There was no rule stated about a tie in the knockout stages.........! Just that we might have to go to a vote to decide

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

My game vs Pokerking:

Pokerking: 29 + 40 = 69 with Zouma + Hazard

Myself: 25 + 68 (-4) = 93 with Azpi, Hazard and Costa

Yun and Taylor due to come in for Zouma and Azpi respectively.

Have this won, barring something crazy happening.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

If Mignolet can steal that bap from Coutinho I'm 5 points down with Costa(c) and Terry against Ivan. Come on Diego

Doesn't look good for me. That - 4 for Sturridge to Benteke proving very very costly

There was no rule stated about a tie in the knockout stages.........! Just that we might have to go to a vote to decide

That was more me neglecting to post it by mistake tbh. Last season highest ranked player progressed.

Well that Costa assist puts an end to my involvement this year! Congrats Zielger. Go on and win it now!

I'm glad now that the - 4 to remove Sturridge is not what cost me. I'd have been raging with myself if it did

• Advertisement

Still time for an Ivan brace, I'm not counting my chickens yet however unlikely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

in for a tight one with crabiecrawford myself.

I was down by a point for leg 1 but I'm up by 3 in the second leg.

He's got ivan, terry, haz and austin vs my hazard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Rikand wrote: »
    in for a tight one with crabiecrawford myself.

I was down by a point for leg 1 but I'm up by 3 in the second leg.

He's got ivan, terry, haz and austin vs my hazard

That austin assist just pulled it a little closer, Sturridge on for 2 bonus i think, so looks like you'll be through unless something crazy happens.

I quite fancied my chances before todays games too.

Congrats to PARlance who beats me by about 10 points.

Still time for an Ivan brace, I'm not counting my chickens yet however unlikely

Officially marching on now. Good tie, I got lucky that Aguero blanked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement