Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running track in Dublin 8

Options
  • 13-01-2015 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hi,
    I was wondering if there any running tracks in the Inchicore area? I am a member of a gym but I don't like running on treadmills. I'm also not a fan of running on the streets because I like to do high intensity routines. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Maybe check out Donore Harriers running club, I believe they have a track of some description and not too far away. Other than that the Phoenix park is good for running but no Athletics track as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Hi,
    I was wondering if there any running tracks in the Inchicore area? I am a member of a gym but I don't like running on treadmills. I'm also not a fan of running on the streets because I like to do high intensity routines. Thanks

There's the Phoenix Park...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Only one I know of is Eamonn Ceannt Park (Sundrive Park) on Clogher Rd, has a decent sized track, not sure how accessible it is these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭NoCrackHaving

Donore Harriers have a very nice track right beside the Liffey but don't think it's open to the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Memorial park?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭coolemon

The CIE club in Inchicore have private/walled pitches. I would say you can use it for your purposes and doing laps and that. The club building is used by the public anyway. A nice quite area.

The rear of the Oblates has extensive grounds. They could probably be used as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Memorial Gardens is great for doing laps and hill sprints. Plus it's pretty.

IMMA gardens are good for laps too. Again not flat.

Advertisement