Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hall of Fame 2015 (possible spoilers)

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Questioning Nash's place in the Hall of Fame is laughable, frankly.

I don't like the guy very much but he was a dominant champion. Not his fault WWE was ice cold at the time. And he was heavily involved in the greatest faction of all time and sparked Wrestling's hottest period ever. He absolutely should be in.

I guess he went in last as they didn't want to close with a deceased member. Fair enough imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Couple things I found interesting:
    Daniel Bryan saying how he started saying "No!" because they didn't like how the fans were chanting for him.
    Steph and HHH were mentioned frequently as being great helping people out and supporting them, yet nothing like that for Vince, that I noticed.

Connor's dad must've made some people feel awkward by mentioning Justin Roberts being great to him

Did laugh at HHH making fun of his own nose for a change.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

Tugboats wrote: »
    They can boo him tonight that's fine but shouldn't be booing him or anyone at the hall of fame. The HOF will end up becoming a non fan event. Did you hear the clown who shouted at Madusa to take her dress off?

They shouldnt be booing anyone who is either speaking or is been inducted. Anything else is fair game. Its a Wrestling HOF after all, booing is part of the theatre.

I will agree with the crowd in parts been spoiled by a section of ****. Didnt they have a sign saying "Any catcall behaviour will result in ejection"? It obviously wasnt followed up on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Questioning Nash's place in the Hall of Fame is laughable, frankly.

I don't like the guy very much but he was a dominant champion. Not his fault WWE was ice cold at the time. And he was heavily involved in the greatest faction of all time and sparked Wrestling's hottest period ever. He absolutely should be in.

I guess he went in last as they didn't want to close with a deceased member. Fair enough imo.

No. He was a laughable champion frankly. All he did was fit in with Vince's "I like big guys" (unless they're HBK, ahem) rule of a WWE champion.

He was the last announced member of this year's HOF, almost like an afterthought. Put him in the section of the HOF just above the Koko B Ware Wing if you must, but please dont tell me he deseves any major plaudits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Rikishi takes over from Koko B Ware for me now as the waste of a space in the HoF.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Steph and HHH were mentioned frequently as being great helping people out and supporting them, yet nothing like that for Vince, that I noticed.

Shawn joked that he might get in trouble for mentioning Vince, but in a way that suggested he was told not to mention him. Seems people were told not to mention him for whatever reason.

I don't get the criticism of Rikishi. I loved him as a kid and he was one of the biggest stars of 2000 when WWE was at it's peak. The crowd absolutely loved him and his matches were always entertaining. Go back and watch any of his matches from before his heel turn and see how popular he was.

I agree it wasn't for very long, but he did have a decent career outside of that.

It's about being memorable, and Rikishi is definitely one of the most memorable characters of that era.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

the Rikishi hate comes solely from him not even acknowledging the rest of Too Cool in his speech

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

the Rikishi hate comes solely from him not even acknowledging the rest of Too Cool in his speech
    Kinda yeah. I mean he didn't have to make a huge deal of them in the speech, but to not mention them at all is pretty crappy on his part.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

Does anyone know what the crowd shouted out near the end of Nash's speech?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

It think we'll see many more Rikishis in the years to come. I really don't know why they insisted on having so many go in every year.

If you look at anyone that has held the WWE title every huge name up to the late 90s that held it has gone in.

Are marquee name gonna but less and less in the years to come. Realistic bonafide head liners within the next five/six years? Taker, Trips, Rock, Angle, Sting, Show, Kane? Gonna be a lot of numbers to make up in the not to distant future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Say Paul Heyman will be a main event name to go in. Brock to

Vince weirdness at the Hall of Fame:
    While the WWE Hall of Fame received awesome reviews from everyone here at PWInsider.com, I am told that behind the scenes, it was not as well received. WWE management felt the show ran far too long and that it wasn't exciting enough. While it was a long night, I disagree on the latter as I felt there was a lot of legitimately wonderful speeches.
    WWE requested that several cut their speeches short, which did happen with Kevin Nash, Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair.

WWE pushed hard to have Kevin Nash go into the WWE Hall of Fame as Diesel but Nash was having none of that. Nash wanted to go in under his real name so that whatever additional credibility the WWE HOF brought to his outside endeavors, he could use it. I was also told that Nash didn't want to go in under Diesel since for years the narrative was that he was one of the worst drawing WWF champions and now wasn't going to allow himself to be celebrated under that name for that reason. WWE tried to push Nash to cancel his late night Wrestlemania Shenanigans party but he refused.

I was told that several long-time executives, including Vince McMahon, weren't happy about the talk about how Kevin Nash helped transformed the business with all the guaranteed contracts since the feeling at the time was WCW was out to put WWF out of business and that since McMahon took it so personally at the time, this brought up a lot of old angry feelings on a night where things are supposed to be more celebratory.

Shawn Michaels wasn't kidding when he said on stage he was going to end up in trouble as the company wasn't happy with his use of the word "strap" and "wrestler" during his speech. Michaels legitimately tore his prepared speech up and was going off the top of his head when he inducted Nash.

The company wasn't thrilled with Madusa's use of expletives and some weren't happy about Eric Bischoff getting put over.

The company absolutely loved The Bushwhackers speech, feeling it was the perfect meshing of their "on camera" characters and telling old stories.

Credit: PWInsider

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

The desire to put down WCW at every opportunity during the HHH-Sting match might have been a reaction from Vince to all of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The company can go and f*ck off on this front to be honest. 'Strap' and 'wrestler', get over it. Anyone who watched the HOF or who is at it is 100% in the know when it comes to the business. DX/nWo/Kliq are known for being rebels, let them off for one more night.

Madusa's threw a sanctioned title in the trash on live TV, they can hardly be suprised. She was great anyway, a lot more attitude than she ever showed on WWE. She's a cool lady. One of the most entertainer speeches I can recall.

Always felt the Bushwhackers were half a second away from cursing ha. Another good speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

rovert wrote: »
    Vince weirdness at the Hall of Fame:

Credit: PWInsider

Pretty much all of that just makes me love Nash even more. He's hilarious and doesn't seem to suffer fools gladly. Of all the people in the wrestling industry that I would love to have a pint with it would be Nash, hands down.

They put more people than ever into the hall of fame and three people had speeches for one, and then they are surprised it went longer than three hours which everyone except them predicted. It's bad planning on their side.

The other stuff is so petty but delighted that its guys like Michaels and Nash who they can't say anything to due to their status.

As for Bischoff, WWE brought him in for a few years so that was something of an endorsement. Can't believe he still holds a grudge after all these years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

That "strap" and "wrestler" thing are beyond stupid.

99% of people that watch the HOF are "wrestling" fans. Vince, no matter how much you shove sports entertainment down our throat, for some wrestling is still wrestling.

When Bret Hart was putting on a techinal masterclass that was wrestling.

When Brock and Angle were going hold for hold that was wrestling.

Hell when The Bushwackers walked like baffoons and licked heads or Stone Cold drove the Zamboni into the arena or Mankind staged this is your life...THAT even was wrestling. Why is it such a dirty word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Chris Jericho calls out the assholes who were cat calling and doing the horrible what chant at the HOF ceremony.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Omackeral wrote: »
    Chris Jericho calls out the assholes who were cat calling and doing the horrible what chant at the HOF ceremony.

He's 100% right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

100%, it's why I hate them putting the HoF in big arenas; it brings the greater chance of idiots trying to get themselves over. The worse by far was that twat who kept trying to start a chance during Conor's fathers speech, which even rattled the poor man at one stage. I actually shouted at my screen "Oh shut the **** up you idiot". Myself and a few mates think there should be a strict dress code to be allowed in to the ceremony. Combined with a small venue it would drive away most of these idiots I'm sure of it.

Advertisement