Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hall of Fame 2015 (possible spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Pentecost wrote: »
    Would that be the first time they've put in a wrestler that's never wrestled in WWE? Why would they do that good and all as I'm sure he was?

No, there has been quite a few Non WWE affiliated people - Verne Gagne, Nick Bockwinkel, Gordon Solie, Mil Máscaras, Gorgeous George - Vince has taken it upon himself to honour guys from since defunct federations...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Dont think Inoki ever did either

He actually won the WWF title from Bob Backlund... though as I pointed out when I drafted him in the boards.ie PW draft
    As Inoki refused the title his reign is not included nor is it recognized by WWE in its official history, and Backlund is recognized as having one reign from 1978–1983.

Mil Mascaras (mentioned above) was in a Royal Rumble once too, often mentioned including by JBL during the most recent rumble because he eliminated himself from the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I have absolutely no interest in seeing the Weedwhackers going into the HOF. None.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,699 ✭✭✭✭briany

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I have absolutely no interest in seeing the Weedwhackers going into the HOF. None.

But they'll come out and forcibly lick the liver spots right off Mean Gene's head! Some people are just anti-entertainment...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

He actually won the WWF title from Bob Backlund... though as I pointed out when I drafted him in the boards.ie PW draft

Mil Mascaras (mentioned above) was in a Royal Rumble once too, often mentioned including by JBL during the most recent rumble because he eliminated himself from the match.

Which, from stories I've heard, was because he was too egotistical to allow anyone else to eliminate him.

• Advertisement

briany wrote: »
    But they'll come out and forcibly lick the liver spots right off Mean Gene's head! Some people are just anti-entertainment...

Entertainment... ya, that's what it is:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I wonder why The Dudley Boyz arent going into Hall of Fame this year? they are far more deserving than Bushwackers, but then again WWE might have plans to bring back Dudley Boyz on a part-time or even full time basis or maybe there is still heat between Haitch and Bubba Ray.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

WWE are strongly hinting Madusa is the tomorrow's announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,546 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

rovert wrote: »
    WWE are strongly hinting Madusa is the tomorrow's announcement.

Well-deserved if true.

Also a big WWE HoF logo on her Monster Truck would pretty cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Well-deserved if true.

I agree but why isn't Miss Elizabeth going in with Macho Man?

It would have been perfect to have them both go in together.

Still remember him asking her to marry him!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Alundra Blayze.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'm delighted that she's finally going in at last. I hope they don't make a show of her now though.

PWInsider
    With WWE in Pittsburgh, PA this Monday for Raw, I'm guessing Larry Zbsyzko will be announced next for the WWE Hall of Fame. Zbsyzko is originally from the Steel City.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Going to WM this year and have to say, pretty content with the fact that I didn't get a HOF ticket...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

mxph3 wrote: »
    I wonder why The Dudley Boyz arent going into Hall of Fame this year? they are far more deserving than Bushwackers, but then again WWE might have plans to bring back Dudley Boyz on a part-time or even full time basis or maybe there is still heat between Haitch and Bubba Ray.

Buh Buh Ray came back already in the Royal Rumble

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Buh Buh Ray came back already in the Royal Rumble

Speaking of which... is he still a free agent now? I wonder why WWE hasn't signed him up yet, he seemed willing to return going by what he said after the Rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'd say he is back in a trainer or road agent capicity

Looking forward to people on message boards discussing if Conor DESERVES to be inducted:

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedSports/status/575076318355849216

• Registered Users Posts: 86,117 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Looking forward to people on message boards discussing if Conor DESERVES to be inducted:

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedSports/status/575076318355849216

Yes Yes Yes Yes

A lovely gesture by WWE

the award will be presented by The Ultimate Warrior’s widow, Dana Warrior, and WWE Superstar Daniel Bryan to Steve Michalek, Connor’s father

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

That is a very deserving accolade for his family to receive. When I think of Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania last year, I think of that child before I think of any of the great action in-ring.

Well, that's me gonna be balling like a baby on HOF Saturday.

Very well deserved, I reckon there won't be a dry eye in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Have to ask. What makes him so special compared to the thousands of other young kids who die every year from illness? Screams a PR stunt to me.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Have to ask. What makes him so special compared to the thousands of other young kids who die every year from illness? Screams a PR stunt to me.

I get what you're saying. I suppose with him being so visible last year, and the way so many fans felt so touched by his journey, is why he's being inducted.

And I get that this kind of thing isn't what Warrior meant when he wanted a Warrior award (he meant it for unsung heroes backstage), but i've no real issue with Connor being the first inductee.

I think though, they should call it the Connor The Crusher award instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,117 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Based on the WWE.com description and prior speculation, PWInsider.com reports the announcement will likely be for either Larry Zbyszko or Tatsumi Fujinami. Zbyszko seems the more likely choice, but there was talk of inducting Fujinami this year as well.
    This year’s Hall of Fame headliner, Kevin Nash, is expected to be announced next week if not tonight

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/561297-wwe-hall-of-fame-raw-update

• Registered Users Posts: 39,820 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just saw an alert on my phone from wwe that larry zbyszko is the latest inductee into the 2015 class.

Tatsumi Fujinami was announced on Smackdown

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Was listening to Austins podcast last night. Whats this about Nash being the headline Hall of fame guy? Kevin Nash:o

Tugboats wrote: »
    Was listening to Austins podcast last night. Whats this about Nash being the headline Hall of fame guy? Kevin Nash:o

They don't want a dead guy (Randy Savage) going on last. Nash will most likely be announced on Raw this Monday and will close to the HOF event with a banter-iffic speech.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

They don't want a dead guy (Randy Savage) going on last. Nash will most likely be announced on Raw this Monday and will close to the HOF event with a banter-iffic speech.

Still hoping its just a rumour. Nash :o

Advertisement