Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hall of Fame 2015 (possible spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Nash should not have been last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Turned off after macho
    Couldn't believe no mention of Miss Elizabeth
    I know the divorced but she was a huge part of the story
    Heck steamboat got more airtime than Liz

Bushwhackers and blayze were very good
    Well done Dana,great speech was in bits before Bryan came out about Connor

Characters aside fair play to Steph and triple H they do some work for charities

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

I didn't watch it yet. How did everyone's Network hold up? I've been having issues with the live channel for weeks. Hopefully it's ok for tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 G Spark

Currently watching. Had to take a breather there after Daniel Bryan & Conor's dad's acceptance speech. I'm an emotional wreck.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Tugboats wrote: »
    I didn't watch it yet. How did everyone's Network hold up? I've been having issues with the live channel for weeks. Hopefully it's ok for tonight

Mine was a disaster, it kicked in at 1 o'clock. I'm just glad I can't watch live tonight so shouldn't have any issues watching it tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

D-FENS wrote: »
    Maybe they can get hold of the woman she seemed to wrestle every single week, Bull Nakano.
    Or they could do a good skit with Bishoff, her HOF ring and a bin.

Got it kinda right

I'm just watching now.

Poor Natalya must have been freezing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 G Spark

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Nash should not have been last.

True, but I think WWE didn't want the show to end with a deceased inductee.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Jaysus, I'm sorry I stayed up now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Pity that new terminator film looks like it will be a ****ing disaster.

The only reason Arnie turned up as well

Wow, something in my eyes watching Bryans speech

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Reading these pages is making me think of subscribing to the network just for the HOF

Must.....resist.....the.....urge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Goddamnit watching Daniels and Conor's dads speech was the wrong thing to do hungover, tears everywhere!

Shame Grandmaster Sexay and Scotty 2 Hotty weren't there to dance with Rikishi

Jesus the Connor stuff was tough. His dad did a a great job. I feel guilty about moaning about who should or shouldn't be in the main event at Wrestlemania it seems so unimportant. Think everyone should just sit back and enjoy the show

• Registered Users Posts: 13,699 ✭✭✭✭briany

https://twitter.com/TheScotty2Hotty/status/581985069859999745
    In Dec. 99, 3 guys that were pretty much obsolete in the wrestling biz came together and made each other. 1 apparently doesn't remember that

That's pretty f*cked up. So Rikishi comes out to the 2Cool music, one of the Usos does the Worm and he gives not a single mention of the tag team that without their association he wouldn't have even gotten to the Hall of Fame? He was a struggling mid-carder at best before he hooked up with 2Cool, who were already fairly over. He thanked Gangrel, though, but that was part of a plug for his training school. I don't know if Rikishi realised all this, but it's hard to believe he didn't because he was reading from a prepared speech.

x-pac looked high as a kite at the end:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

On Rikishi
    It was pretty fcuking dumb crap out of him and showed a lack of class

On Larry
    What a speech, basically 15/20 minutes of how much he loved Bruno and that's it.. Dunno if he's married kids or anything but jeez a few lines about everyone else would've been nice

Watched up to macho and couldn't be arsed watching arnie or mash

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Reading these pages is making me think of subscribing to the network just for the HOF

Must.....resist.....the.....urge.

I didnt resist the urge and the HOF was worth the 12.99 alone. Great quality too i must say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Madusa was the best part of it. Awesome speech.

Rikishi snubbing Too Cool is incredibly classless imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Madusa was the best part of it. Awesome speech.

Rikishi snubbing Too Cool is incredibly classless imo.

Madusa was great, had to take a break after Connors induction, it was an emotional thing to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Did Zybzsko think he was inducting Sammartino? :D

Other than that one it was a really good show. Conor's dad held up really well. Medusa's speech was very good and The Bushwhackers were good fun.

Did Stephanie and Linda disappear before Macho's induction? They seemed to have been there up to that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

brinty wrote: »
    On Rikishi
    It was pretty fcuking dumb crap out of him and showed a lack of class

On Larry
    What a speech, basically 15/20 minutes of how much he loved Bruno and that's it.. Dunno if he's married kids or anything but jeez a few lines about everyone else would've been nice

Watched up to macho and couldn't be arsed watching arnie or mash

You really should, it's a great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Got there at last

Enjoyable watch

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just watched the main inductions online, I taught Hogan was gonna induct himself at one stage, Nash was funny, i enjoyed that, and then i watched connor's warrior award segment, and lads all i'll say is, that was unbelievable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

The Not So Cool

1) Hogan does it again. All that bullsh*t about "Hulkamania hadnt reached the heights it did before Macho Man" were nearly enough to make me switch it off there and then. Was he forgeting Wrestlemania 3 and been one of the most recgonisable faces in the world upto then?

2) No mention of Elizabeth.

The Horrible

The Smarky crowd treating certain parts of the night with no respect. The guy who started a chant in the middle of Conor's Dad's speech should have been kicked in the balls.

The Funny

Bushwackers going on after the strong emotion of Conor was great scheduling. Even Bret Hart showed his annual sense of humour.

The Strangely funny

Larry Zbyszko having an existential crisis smile.png

The "Hmmmm!"

1) I cant quite put my finger on it but there's something not quite there about Dana Warrior's performance. It was almost actress like in places.

2) It is amazing that Conor received an award and the speeches were all very touching. But the Warrior said last year that it was an award for the people who worked behind the scenes, like Jim Johnston, they completely edited his speech out of context to suit themselves

The Not So Great

1) Diesel going on last. Oh fcuk off Vince. Its questionable enough that one of your top 3 worst ever champions goes into the HOF at all, let alone goes on last, Luckily I fell asleep after Macho Man's induction.

2) No mention of Too Cool by Rikishi. This is more in the "not so cool" category as I think the IWC are over reacting just a tad. Its Too Cool FFS.

The Great

1) Alundra/Medusa. Give this woman a new job in WWE stat. She'd be like the female Paul Heyman.

2) Bryan's turning the crowd from a "Daniel Bryan" chant to a "Thank you Conor!" one in seconds and his speech in general.

3) The booing of Reigns. If he wins tonight it should be very interesting indeed.

4) WWE giving an hour to dedicate to Conor The Crusher. It was almost over the top, I thought at one stage they were going to bring out kittens and cute dogs, but it was enough to shine the spotlight on a remarkable kid with a great attitude.

Funniest comment on Reddit

"If you play Rikishi's Samoan speech backwards it says 'Love satan. Join the navy"

1399308846953.jpg

@Gerry Rio The best post on the thread but don't agree with the booing of Reigns

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

Tugboats wrote: »
    @Gerry Rio The best post on the thread but don't agree with the booing of Reigns

They have put him in a very awkward position that he's at least a year away from being ready for. But at the same time he is coming across as a bit of a dickhead in non WWE interviews.

His evil stares at the camera last night when they focussed it on him say it all for me. He doesnt want to attention because he's not ready for it.

Unless! He is turning with Heyman later. Those stares would go great with a heel side to him.

• Advertisement

Gerry Rio wrote: »
    They have put him in a very awkward position that he's at least a year away from being ready for. But at the same time he is coming across as a bit of a dickhead in non WWE interviews.

His evil stares at the camera last night when they focussed it on him say it all for me. He doesnt want to attention because he's not ready for it.

Unless! He is turning with Heyman later. Those stares would go great with a heel side to him.

They can boo him tonight that's fine but shouldn't be booing him or anyone at the hall of fame. The HOF will end up becoming a non fan event. Did you hear the clown who shouted at Madusa to take her dress off?

Advertisement