Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inexpensive .22 round

Options
  • 13-01-2015 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭

As the title suggests I'm looking for an inexpensive .22 round for general practice. Any suggestions

Anywhere around Carlow, Kildare, Kilkenny, Laois, Offaly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

hexosan wrote: »
    As the title suggests I'm looking for an inexpensive .22 round for general practice. Any suggestions

Cant go wrong with the bulk box of federal for general arsing about.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

As above the Federal bulk box. Slightly dearer are the SK, but a good round. The federal are around €35 and the SK around €55 for 500+ rounds.

For a full list of dealers look under my post at my signature and on the bottom line, on the left, is the link for a full list of firearm dealers, their contact info and websites if they have one. Click on it and see which suits.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

500 tin of SK is €60 that's the cheapest I've seen it.
    cci target €3.70 /50

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

If you can get 500 cci target for €37 they are a superior round IMO to the Federal Bulk,

clivej, where are you getting them at €3.70, best price I can get them up here is €4.50-€4.80

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

You might be better trying a few of the cheaper cartridges as the can be a big difference in accuracy between them. Every rifle will have a cartridge which works best for it, it is an individual thing. My rifle likes federal and is crap with CCI. Also, my rifle won't extract a live CCI which is a bit of a safety problem. Another rifle of the same make could be the other way round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

hexosan wrote: »

I buy the Federal bulk box for general plinking, but find them inconsistent if your looking for decent groups.

If you check the web sites most of the gun shops will deliver ammo to your door, all you need is a scan of your license and a credit / debit card. Delivery is usually €5.00 anywhere in ROI, cheaper than return car journey to most RFDs. I have also found most internet prices are cheeper than thier instore price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Shop around for CCI Standards. Between 30-50 per 500 brick. Best all rounder you can get and cheap as chips!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Wadi14 wrote: »
    If you can get 500 cci target for €37 they are a superior round IMO to the Federal Bulk,

clivej, where are you getting them at €3.70, best price I can get them up here is €4.50-€4.80

Give John Lambert a ring

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Buckmark1

Your probably bulk buying to get them at that price Clive

Advertisement