Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody know how to configure 3 different devices to output the same network?

Options
  • 13-01-2015 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

I just got UPC Horizon in, connected to the Horizon box I have a D-Link DIR655 router, and an Edimax repeater. All three devices are linked with Cat 6 cable but is there a way I can have them putting out the wi-fi from the same network? at the moment they are all seperate networks i.e. Horizon ****** , Home Network (for the D-Link), and Cabin Internet (for the Edimax)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

You'll want to disable DHCP on the other two and just cascade them from the main device via CAT-6. What you're talking about is known as "bridging", and if the devices have a "Bridge" mode, use it. The authentication method (WPA, etc.) should be the same for each device.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

jimgoose wrote: »
    You'll want to disable DHCP on the other two and just cascade them from the main device via CAT-6. What you're talking about is known as "bridging", and if the devices have a "Bridge" mode, use it. The authentication method (WPA, etc.) should be the same for each device.

cheers....I presume you mean username and password?

Advertisement