Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ducato/Ford engine?

Options
  • 13-01-2015 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, browsing D-Deal just there now, and there is a 2000 Laika ECOVIP for sale. Built on a Ducato chassis, but Ad. states that it has a Ford 2.5 engine.
    Is this correct? is it a conversion or factory fitment? I know Fiat bought Ford New Holland back in the 90's, and Ford fitted Fiat Iveco engines in some of their tractors, but never knew it went the other way as well?
    Regards, Nec.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

According to wikipedia its a Sofim engine. That camper is on an Iveco daily base.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sofim

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Thanks, was just wondering. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

OP, I would be getting worried. I spotted that at also on dungdeal and noted it's a dealer who made that error. What dealer would think that an Italian van, built on an Italian base vehicle designed by Fiat would use an engine from a Transit (and pay Ford for it) to Fiats own engine?

I enjoy some of the ads on Dungdeal. Some are written by people who it seems were described the vehicle down a bad two way radio to somebody who thinks that all campers still use a bucket for a toilet and a primus for cooking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

ianobrien wrote: »
    OP, I would be getting worried. I spotted that at also on dungdeal and noted it's a dealer who made that error. What dealer would think that an Italian van, built on an Italian base vehicle designed by Fiat would use an engine from a Transit (and pay Ford for it) to Fiats own engine?

FIAT actually use the Ford 2.2 diesel in the Ducato 250 chassis. Alongside the 2.3 and 3.0 options. So while it's wrong in this instance, it's not unheard of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

You never know ive seen a vw tdi landcruiser, subaru vw type 2, subaru beetle. There are adapters to put the iveco engine in landrovers, ldv and transits its a super engine. Can't imagine anyone wanting to go the otherway though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement