Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One parent family advice and casual work

• 13-01-2015 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey guys need advice..
    I'm currently on one parent family income and workin 13 hours most weeks in a shop. My income in €202.80 from social. However I have been offered a really good job but the hours are casual, different every week, some work no weeks. And I really want to take this job but how do I work it with social welfare. I will be giving up job in shop.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 mar90

Shannonr13 wrote: »
    Hey guys need advice..
    I'm currently on one parent family income and workin 13 hours most weeks in a shop. My income in €202.80 from social. However I have been offered a really good job but the hours are casual, different every week, some work no weeks. And I really want to take this job but how do I work it with social welfare. I will be giving up job in shop.

Best bet is to go into social and explain it, if you work more than 19 hours rent allowance and social will be cut, you will more than likely end yp with signing the yellow slips. I would highly advise you to try work out exactly what you will and won't b loosing, could screw you over in long run. Beat of luck anyhows with everything :-)

Advertisement