Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Value Internet?

Options
  • 13-01-2015 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Just wondering if anyone can suggest who is the best value internet provider out there?
    Moving from my current UPC plan which is a bundle and looking for a plan which is internet only! No phone or TV plan included. My wife and I are both on bill pay with Vodafone - I don't suppose there is any home internet combined with mobile deal!? Highly doubtful but would be a handy one!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

Three do home internet and mobile.
    Once your contract period is up with UPC you should be able to change to internet only.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 broache

M.T.D wrote: »
    Three do home internet and mobile.
    Once your contract period is up with UPC you should be able to change to internet only.

Thanks for the reply. Our Vodafone contracts run for quite some time yet so Three will unfortunately be out. I know UPC have very good broadband but the cost of their broadband only deal is probably still a good deal more than competitors!?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

Three broadband is separate from the mobile (has its own sim)
    The new B593 routers have 4 lan ports wifi and will use 4G if available.
    If you are in a bad signal area you can attach an external aerial.
    But no where near near as fast as upc.
    We don't have cable and the best Eircom can manage is under 2M

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Shop around and also speak to your current provider(s) - they have an awful habit of changing plans and not telling existing customers in my experience

Bonkers have some handy comparison tools that might help:
    http://www.bonkers.ie/compare-tv-broadband-phone/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 broache

That comparison too is great! Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement