Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayor doesn't understand what a disabled parking space is for.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

It seems that public displays of idiocy are the single notable consistency when it comes to holding the office of Mayor of Limerick

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I think he actually came out with the usual "I was only there for a few minutes" line as well. Not even a proper apology. What a dopey pr1ck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 Dr.Teeth

Like the one about putting up Polish on the street signs, whats wrong with the other 20 odd languages of the EU!

Limerick will have the best street signs EVER.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Dr.Teeth wrote: »
    Like the one about putting up Polish on the street signs, whats wrong with the other 20 odd languages of the EU!

Limerick will have the best street signs EVER.

Or getting in a drunken row with some dancers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

He's a disgrace, not alone did he park illegally but then went on to complain about being reported.

Brass neck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

There is no defence here, it is appalling behaviour, it's just not excusable.

Maybe there is a bit of an opportunistic element to it on the part of the photographer. Maybe there isn't. We don't know. So give them the benefit of the doubt here.
    It is insulting to say anything less than the person had the correct intentions; sher the man was parked in a disabled space!

No way a pot shot at the man, as he is an able chap otherwise and does put in the work. But this is below expected standards, for f#ck sake, will he just put his hands up and admit it, take the wrap on the knuckles and offer a genuine apolog. He should make a donation to charity, and also give time to meeting with some disabled persons so he can understand how appalling what he done is.

Because it is appalling lads, attitudes need to change here. Try live with a disability and go about your business, only to see this man parked up, preventing you from exercising your independence which is already compromised for a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Did he get a ticket?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

This is the caliber of individual we elect to represent us! The electorate should spend a bit more time researching the candidates before voting for people who are quite clearly ignorant and arrogant.
    This should be a resigning matter/ sack-able offence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Fine looking car that Volvo

Fine looking car that Volvo

I would have thought a man like you drove a Lexus?

• Advertisement

myshirt wrote: »
    I would have thought a man like you drove a Lexus?

I've hit on hard times and now driving Rover 800 again.

I've hit on hard times and now driving Rover 800 again.

Don't worry, you'll bounce back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

It's his sense of entitlement, he belongs to FG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

A complete disgrace, there is already a lack of spaces in this city for disabled people. A few weeks back the same idiot was in the paper with maria byrne showing off on the coca cola bike scheme and now he does this..

OUT OUT out shouldn't be allowed wear the chains if that's is his attitude, a min in a disabled bay is too long there is no excuse unless you are picking up an elderly person who may not have a card but finds it hard to walk and they are there waiting ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Amazing that the number plate needs to be blurred out.

Amazing that the number plate needs to be blurred out.

Yeah, who is going to clone that car. I dunno who this guy thinks he is. Sher the other day he drives down the dock road and goes into Centra. Is he going to buy any petrol? Nope. He's just using the forecourt to turn around. That's the calibre of man. He must think he's Rod Stewart the way he's carrying on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭893bet

Sher the other day he drives down the dock road and goes into Centra. Is he going to buy any petrol? Nope. He's just using the forecourt to turn around. That's the calibre of man. He must think he's Rod Stewart the way he's carrying on.

Not sure if serious? How is dare he drive in and out again. Hang him at noon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,467 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Yeah, who is going to clone that car. I dunno who this guy thinks he is. Sher the other day he drives down the dock road and goes into Centra. Is he going to buy any petrol? Nope. He's just using the forecourt to turn around. That's the calibre of man. He must think he's Rod Stewart the way he's carrying on.

I think he is referring to the fact that his registration plate would be fairly well known as the mayor car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

He should make a donation to charity, and also give time to meeting with some disabled persons so he can understand how appalling what he done is.

I am open to correction here but does the man not have a disabled son ?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

jonski wrote: »
    I am open to correction here but does the man not have a disabled son ?

From the article
    Mayor Sheahan, who is not in receipt of a disabled parking card, apologised, but also told the Limerick Leader: "I do think it is a bit harsh that someone had nothing better to do than take a photograph of my car."

Even if he does have a son with a disability, was the son in work with him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

MarkR wrote:
    Even if he does have a son with a disability, was the son in work with him?

The point was making was in relation to what I quoted .

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

jonski wrote: »
    The point was making was in relation to what I quoted .

Sorry, hadn't spotted that. I was going to say, "He should know better, so!", but he should know better anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Perhaps these signs should be used at disabled parking bays.

B7ROlZqIcAIsjFe.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Try the disabled space outside of ulster bank in town. Good luck getting a Volvo in there. Coucil gave that space to those bikes. Blue paint and some of the disabled logo still there. Looks stupid.

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Try the disabled space outside of ulster bank in town. Good luck getting a Volvo in there. Coucil gave that space to those bikes. Blue paint and some of the disabled logo still there. Looks stupid.

Yeah... particularly harsh one considering Ulster Bank are the only bank with face to face customer contact at front desk. A feature used mostly by those who need assistance, including older folk who like to bank that way.

Where can they park now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

He was on morning Ireland this morning at about 10 to 8.
    Thankfully Fran cut him short to stop him making an even bigger tit of himself.

He kept "holding his hands up" and "apologising to anyone and everyone in society" followed quickly by "I was only a minute". He then went on to refer to the "alleged photograph" and that its all political and they're out to get him.

http://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=9%3A10362603%3A0%3A%3A
    51 mins to 54:30

Thought he spoke ok, you are always on a loser with this one. Perhaps he has a point in that it may have been politically motivated rather than genuine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

Thought he spoke ok, you are always on a loser with this one. Perhaps he has a point in that it may have been politically motivated rather than genuine.

Not genuine would be someone else putting his car in the parking space and sending in a picture.
    Him doing it and some opportunist sending in a picture is still genuine.

Anyone sending in the picture would have some sort of axe to grind, whether it be a political opponenet, disabled passerby who recognised the mayor, Joe soap sick of the sense of entitlement from polititians, person in the council office sick of him doing this (allegedly(maybe)) etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Alleged photograph? That a real quote? Oh dear...

• Advertisement

Not genuine in that the person who posted the pic might not be disabled.

Advertisement