Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soarview down in castlebar?

Options
  • 13-01-2015 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Soarview down in castlebar?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Payback for Enda.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

Yes, down in Westport also... Was some lightning earlier so may be related

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Same here. Will have to read instead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

yep, ours went directly after a big lightening flash

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Could be a while out now if the mast was taken out as I 'm sure the road up to the booster station is cat bad, if thats where the saorview is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

yop wrote: »
    Could be a while out now if the mast was taken out as I 'm sure the road up to the booster station is cat bad, if thats where the saorview is.

The strike I referred to was out that direction

The strike I referred to was out that direction

Could take them a while then, though Westport is off as well.
    I thought Westport/Louisburgh was pulling from Achill direction, though all that might have changed with the change to saorview

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

Could take them a while then, though Westport is off as well.
    I thought Westport/Louisburgh was pulling from Achill direction, though all that might have changed with the change to saorview

Westport is mostly served by Castlebar transmitter. They had their own transmitter before the digital switch over though.

12 element wrote: »
    Westport is mostly served by Castlebar transmitter. They had their own transmitter before the digital switch over though.

I was thinking that I had read that. So when one goes down, like tonight its belly up with no TV.
    There will be another baby boom after tonight! :D

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

You'd swear none of youse had d'Internets... :pac:

• Advertisement

oscarBravo wrote: »
    You'd swear none of youse had d'Internets... :pac:

Ah stop, I'm pedalling like a lunatic here to keep my connection up!! :D

Big wind tomorrow, better stay away from me, its my work from home day! :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

No, there's no Soarview down in Castlebar.
    We play 25 and listen to the wireless here of an evening though. Sometimes have a singsong.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Did it come back yet?

P_Cash wrote: »
    Did it come back yet?

Its back here anyway, RTE Junior in full flow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Its back here anyway, RTE Junior in full flow :D

Lol, Ya back in my mams to tks

P_Cash wrote: »
    Lol, Ya back in my mams to tks

Gone here again!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

I didn't check yesterday, but today it wasn't working about 1pm and still isn't.
    My aerial is set for Achill transmitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

Pretty sure Achill wasn't affected.

Advertisement