Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Medical Card questions

• 13-01-2015 8:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

Just a couple of quick fire questions.

Typically how long should the application process take?
    They have told me if all my documentation is in order it should only take a few weeks but I have heard people waiting 6 months to a year.

When I get my card can I use straight away?
    I am getting mild toothaches and worried about it getting worse. I need 2 fillings as well. If I was to get my card tomorrow, could I organise a dentist visit straight away?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You can use your card straight away.Take note of the date you submit the application and also keep all receipts for docs, dentists & pills you may build up until you get the charge. In the vent that you are granted a card, you may be able to claim a refund for that waiting period.Don't go to the dentist unless you really have to, as, in the case of your card being refused, you will be liable for the full cost. Full details of how to apply are here: http://www.hse.ie/portal/eng/services/list/1/schemes/mc/about/howtoapply/.

You should also consult you dentist as to what exactly is now covered by the medical card. Over the past few years, there has been less and less dental issues covered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Thanks...

I wasn't aware of the possibility that I could claim back expenses for anything after I apply.

I will ring Citizens Information in the morning to double check about what will be covered but as far as I know it is 2 fillings annually and a general clean.

Thanks for the feedback!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Thanks...

I wasn't aware of the possibility that I could claim back expenses for anything after I apply.

I will ring Citizens Information in the morning to double check about what will be covered but as far as I know it is 2 fillings annually and a general clean.

Thanks for the feedback!

Examination ,2 fillings and extractions as required

The cleaning is only covered when you have certain medical conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 2 iknow

I also have a question regarding medical cards if anyone can help.
    My friend had her medical taken from her, and she has chromes disease.
    She is still currently fighting to get it back. I have a medical card myself and if I am honest should not have one.
    I was wondering is there a way I can give her my medical card or something along those lines (I know long shot) but is there anything I can do?
    Please any help would be great

Advertisement