Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intreo/social welfare office. city bus?

Options
  • 13-01-2015 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi Everyone

Im located in Dunmore east and 30 weeks pregnant and severely anemic but need to go into the social welfare office on the cork road to sort out some maternity bits and pieces, and i dont drive.
    I googled the directions to it from dooleys hotel(thats where the bus in from dunmore easts last stop is..roughly) and it said its like a 45 min walk =/
    are there any city buses going up past the office that I could get?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Dont know about buses but its not a 45 mins walk, its more like 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

its a 20 mins walk if you're NOT pregnant. The Bus Depot is across from Dooley's Hotel. Also here's the City Timetables:

http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=248#Waterford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Saysay19

Heya,

The Browns road bus stops outside Kelly's on the quay and will you leave you off about 5 mins walk from the office.

Also the Ballybeg bus at the clock tower might be faster. That stops opposite the intreo office!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Becz wrote: »
    Hi Everyone

Im located in Dunmore east and 30 weeks pregnant and severely anemic but need to go into the social welfare office on the cork road to sort out some maternity bits and pieces, and i dont drive.
    I googled the directions to it from dooleys hotel(thats where the bus in from dunmore easts last stop is..roughly) and it said its like a 45 min walk =/
    are there any city buses going up past the office that I could get?

You could get the Dunmore Road bus into the Quay. Get off at that stop and wait for the Brownes Road bus, that'll bring you up and back around and theres a stop at College Street, 2 minutes from the office. It'll take a while but alot easier than walking!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Becz

hi =)
    thanks everyone..i had a look at the ballybeg bus so il prob get that one =)
    i cant find any prices though.. any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Saysay19

hi =)

I honestly don't know, Im thinking 1.50-2.50 each way....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

hi =)

It's €2 per journey. The ballybeg bus is the 603.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

It's €2 per journey. The ballybeg bus is the 601.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

madfcuker wrote: »
    FYP

Yeah, you're quite right, I meant to say Browns Road bus (which also stops opposite Ballybeg), thanks for the correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Becz

thanks everyone xxx

• Advertisement
Advertisement