Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second planning application

Options
  • 14-01-2015 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Just a hypetetical question here.

What are the chances of being granted planning permission a second time in Kildare provided I have sold my house and met all conditions set out by kildare coco when my original planning was granted, eg residency clause etc.

Say I wanted to down size my house and reduce my carbon footprint and build a smaller house closer to my kids school which will cut down on fuel cost and carbon emissions.

I know a good few people who have built second houses but unsure if they applied under the same name or maybe used a sibling or some other family member.

Would I still qualify as "local needs" if I applied to build in a different townland to where I'm from but still in kildare?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

They are a lot more strict on one-off housing these days. You now have to show "need" and not just residency.

A neighbour of mine had planning for a house for son, but it lapsed and Kildare coco refused extension of planning and then refused new planning, even though its in an area with about 20 dwellings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭c.a.r.l

Thanks. It's hit and miss isn't it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

You can always go in and have a chat to the planner about it and see what way they think - at the end of the day several people make reports on each planning and the planner makes the overall decision.

They are quite easy to talk to too.

Advertisement