Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can i study both Acting and Journalism in one course?

• 14-01-2015 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

Hi! At the moment I'm in TY and I'm being hounded by teachers about what I'm doing when I leave school and I haven't a clue at the moment.
    I was thinking I would be interested in doing acting but its most definitely not a stable career path so maybe I could do that on a side note along with my main college course.
    But I'm just wondering has anyone heard of any courses that have Acting and Journalism(writing) in the same course either over here or in London?
    It may seem I'm quite young to worry about this but Ill be picking LC subjects soon and I don't wanna pick anything that doesn't fit the requirements of a course that I want.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

I could imagine an english degree having these elements, as well as studying writing, literature and more. Also, if acting interests you, some colleges allow you to take modules outside your main degree, so you could study anything and still be able to take acting classes. UCD does this. I'm a TY as well and have to pick my subjects soon also. Just pick subjects that you are interested in and enjoy, it will make it easier to do well in. Good luck :)

Advertisement