Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MiNT course

Options
  • 14-01-2015 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I have enquiries about the mint course in DCU, any feedback from current/past students would be great

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rocoslowmo

Heya,

I'm a current MInT student. First off kudos for knowing its abbreviated to MInT, I didn't know what people were talking about before I got here. Its a great course, I often talk to people in other courses within the Business School and other faculties and a lot of people wish they had done MInT.

It's a small class 50 people so you know everyone and everyone's very like minded so we all tend to get on very well.
    We usually have about 13/14 hours a week in each semester in both 1, 2 and 4th year. Which is pretty sweet. There's usually a day off sometime in the week too.

First year is great craic. All the modules are fun and there isn't a lot of exams. 6 over the whole year. Its really easy to pass and get on well. Most of the modules have a lot of CA (continuous assessment) (assignments/group projects) so there's less exam pressure too.

Second year as you can expect is tougher. It has much more refined modules (not as basic as marketing but innovative marketing and so on changing consumer) which isn't as fun in terms of workloads and projects but it can be interesting if you're interested in Marketing.) It also shares modules with final year business students which means there's a much more mature approach to those lectures There's 8 exams over the course of the year again there a lot of CA but the exams are tough too, some modules have no repeat exams and there's pressure to pass so you can start you're INTRA in June rather than September.

3rd year is a years long (11 month work placement). The companies on offer to MInT students are pretty good: LinkedIn, Audi, VW, Skoda, Seat (you get a company car in the car companies which is pretty sweet!), Enterprise Ireland, Dunnes (as a fashion buyer) and much much more.

4th year is really tough. Being the final year there's a lot of pressure already and you're expected to have a really high work rate. Again there's only about 12/13 hours a week but just be sure to spend your free time in the library.

It's a really current course and content is updated a lot as its all about marketing the latest trends and technology. You'll do some tough and some fun modules, which is the case in every course out there.

MInT students are highly sought after and a lot of people get offered a contract (some even get a retainer) after INTRA. At the moment there is a 100% employment rate too. Afterall it's the most innovative course in Ireland most innovative colleges.

I'd suggest having a look at the subjects currently taught on the course on the bottom of the course page on DCUs site and also having a look at the timetables too (google search: 'DCU timetable')

Advertisement