Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any solicitors question please

Options
  • 14-01-2015 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

I.m looking to try buy a house. i.ve my eye on it with a while the only problem is its being repossed from the current owners!! the banks have no info on it. if I get a solicitor would he be able to get info on the house for me ??
    any info greatly appreciated
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Can't you do the groundwork yourself? You want to pay that particular 'profession' eur300/hour in fees unnecessarily?

If it has not yet been repossessed, that process could roll on for years - that's before it actually goes on the market - again, that could take forever....and perhaps it will never be repossessed?

Why are you limiting yourself to one specific property?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 marie065

my partners job limits us to were we can live. in a small town theres not many houses for sale. I know the people that are living in the house so don't want to go asking questions!!
    I know its going to be repossed soon. and from what I hear therer hoping it will sell fast ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

marie065 wrote: »
    my partners job limits us to were we can live. in a small town theres not many houses for sale. I know the people that are living in the house... and from what I hear there hoping it will sell fast ??
    Presumably it's in their interests then if it gets sold on quickly? Maybe it is worthwhile to go talk to them then - I know that may be awkward but if it helps them out as well as you....??
    If it's subject to repossession then presumably that's going through the courts system right now? Can you run a search on courts.ie - and in that way, find out which particular bank is involved?...and then try and pursue via the bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ruby37

What are the details you are looking for?

thank you just really trying to find out whose dealing with it so we can find out when its going on the market . and the value of the house so we can sort out mortgage etc

• Advertisement

Advertisement