Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

build my own pedal car/kart

Options
  • 14-01-2015 2:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭

a notion i'm just after getting!
    really want to do something different. something to keep myself busy for the next while. was looking at one or two sites about building a pedal car. i'm not even sure what the correct term is but something basic along the lines of the attachment.
    is it as easy to build as it looks? i should add, not that it matters, I'm a lady ( ;) ) so my knowledge on parts/where to get them is very very limited!

any advice very welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Id say you showed go into one of the toy shops and have a look at the pedal go karts. As it's literally the same idea.

http://jmhcycles.co.uk/image/cache/data/Go%20kart%20Berg%20Extra%20Blue%20AF-800x800.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭berger89

the idea is the same but i want a different shape/model and stuff. and possibly even some of it made from wood, not plastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭SeamusG97

Hi berger89
    What is the main area of interest in the project. Is it about the design of the frame and driving gear or is it something else e.g. a body that would fit over the chassis/frame?
    The design in the photo looks a bit minimalist and as said by job seeker could be easily bought in any cycle or toy shop.
    What would you use it for? - A recumbent bike/go kart/novelty?
    There are lots of technologies/approaches available, from conventional metal fabrication to laminated wood to composites for the frame. and many more if you were considering putting anything else on that frame. Likewise a corresponding variety of costs / difficulty.

Advertisement