Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need some ideas for a project

• 14-01-2015 3:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭

I've got my hands on 3 blades (1 knife blade, 2 saw blades)
    Apart from the 1st two things that spring to my mind, a skin scraper for pelts,and wood saws. what do ye think could be made?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭berger89

McGyver springs to my mind!!

top one-you could put a wooden handle on it and use it as an ice scraper (considering the weather we're having)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

berger89 wrote: »
    McGyver springs to my mind!!

top one-you could put a wooden handle on it and use it as an ice scraper (considering the weather we're having)

Already mcGyvered an ice scraper!little dust pan with rubber lip..excellent!!
    But the knife blade is literally razor sharp

djflawless wrote: »
    Already mcGyvered an ice scraper!little dust pan with rubber lip..excellent!!
    But the knife blade is literally razor sharp

Ooooh actually, I'm not being smart but what if you used it as literally, a razor blade? if you got it cleaned up nice and shiny, it'd be kind of like the razors they use for the hot towel shaves :/

Or a planer? (if you were into carpentry)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Will try a shave when I get some bumfluff back on the chin :) will have plenty of plasters on standby!!

haha good luck with it!! i think i should unfollow this thread in case i see that you've split your face open with it :P ;) hopefully more people have better (and safer) suggestions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭lostboy75

the blade you could make a spoke shave? been meaning to pick one up myself if i see one cheap, they can be quite handy. and it would be easy to add handles to that.
    not sure on the saws though

ed, should have called it a draw knife really i suspose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭BreadnBuddha

lostboy75 wrote: »
    the blade you could make a spoke shave? been meaning to pick one up myself if i see one cheap, they can be quite handy. and it would be easy to add handles to that.
    not sure on the saws though

ed, should have called it a draw knife really i suspose

Thought instantly of a spoke shave also. Easily done. No idea for the saw blades as they don't look big enough really for a hand tool

Advertisement