Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soccer Forum Awards: Nominations 2014

• 14-01-2015 6:59am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Following on from the recent thread for a forum awards, we need nominations. And they can be all made in one post/one thread. We'd be grateful for links to individual posts or conversations for polls afterwards. Awards are as follows:

Best Newcomer in 2014:
    Thread of the Year:
    Post(s) of the Year:

Best Overall Poster:
    Most Biased Poster:
    LOI poster of the year:
    Non-EPL poster of the year:
    Poster who left too soon (not banned):
    Most likely to be banned in 2015:

This thread may be useful and well worth reading: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057120935

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Best Newcomer in 2014: Hard to pick, going to nominate someone I've seen in the Chelsea thread Tim Riggins
    Thread of the Year: The Humour Thread
    Post(s) of the Year: Closing the LFC thread for 25hrs : not because its my post but because the idea of it from those in the thread was a nice touch and one everybody was happy to do. Also want to mention these, this was brilliant from Rayne Wooney draw a footballer and of course the epic rage quit of Pilsbury Doughboy
    Best Overall Poster: Very hard to pick but I'm going to go with 2 candidates, Lord TSC and Mars Bar.
    Most Biased Poster: Simple, AIG :pac:
    LOI poster of the year: dreamers75
    Non-EPL poster of the year: Turtwig doesnt support an EPL team I'm sure and has good, informative posts in the La Liga thread.
    Poster who left too soon (not banned): Dazmarz regular over in the Chelsea thread.
    Most likely to be banned in 2015: Too many candidates to name but I'll put myself forward, depending on how the season pans out. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Best Newcomer in 2014: Can't think of any standouts here so I'm going to go with Conor74 for being the most obvious presence of the newcomers, even if it is to go against the grain as much as possible :)

Thread of the Year: Draw A Footballer.

Post(s) of the Year: The "Say the line Futureguy" series of posts.

Best Overall Poster: 8-10. Knows his stuff and can post in any thread without getting anybody's back up... a rare talent around here. Honourable mention for SlickRic.

Most Biased Poster: Andersonisgod, maybe there should be a most biased apart from AIG category...

LOI poster of the year: dreamers75 and Omackerel. Seem to be able to argue their points without resorting to the barstoolers crap that a lot of others do.

Non-EPL poster of the year: I'll go with Turtwig here too, good poster.

Poster who left too soon (not banned): Fescue. Good for debating with, made his points well and always civil.

Most likely to be banned in 2015: Hard to look past Dayum or Gits_bone here, I'll be shocked if either are here in the Summer :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Best Newcomer in 2014: No idea tbh
    Thread of the Year: Draw a footballer

Post(s) of the Year: Futureguy's say the line thing.

Best Overall Poster: Diego Simeone

Most Biased Poster: AndersonisGod (Please let him be the only nominee :o)

LOI poster of the year: Hard to pick between Omackerel and Dreamers75, but I'll say Omackerel because of his excellent AMA thread.

Non-EPL poster of the year: Don't follow them enough to say!

Poster who left too soon (not banned): Xavi6

Most likely to be banned in 2015: Dayum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Best Newcomer in 2014: No idea
    Thread of the Year: The humour thread
    Post(s) of the Year: The rant by the Liverpool guy who left doughboy

Best Overall Poster: probably gavredking, usually on the button and uses a lot of common sense for a moderator.

Most Biased Poster: easy enough, I did consider most of the pool supporters thinking they have the best players and they'll win the league, bless. But easily AndersonisGod and all his verbal diarrhea.

LOI poster of the year: no idea I'll go dfx, he started the thread.

Non-EPL poster of the year: has to nuriSahin, had the most knowledge about all the leagues and players God rest his boards soul that Hipster who apparently didn't play football manager.

Poster who left too soon (not banned): no idea I'd need a list though xabi06 was a great poster.

Most likely to be banned in 2015: I reckon it'll be niall27 or whatever number, speaks a lot of rubbish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Best Newcomer in 2014: Going by the Liverpool thread; Magico Gonzalez

Thread of the Year: Liverpool FC Superthread. Elation, devastation, pandas, transfer mayhem, Champions League, more pandas, Lloyd & Alan v the world.

A chaotic, but memorable year in the LFC Superthread.

Post(s) of the Year: still makes me laugh now. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89586869&postcount=3368

Best Overall Poster: Blatter or Paully D.

Most Biased Poster: Andersonisgod

Non-EPL poster of the year: Turtwig

Poster who left too soon (not banned): Mike65 :cool:

Most likely to be banned in 2015: Now that would be telling, wouldn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Best Newcomer in 2014:Tim Riggins, props for being a Chelsea fan and the username.
    Thread of the Year: The humour thread, I actively seek out
    Post(s) of the Year: The Simpson's meme with the "say the line" tag on the Man Utd thread was excellent.

Best Overall Poster: Fudge You, I find him level-headed, articulate, I find myself agreeing with him a lot. He constantly impresses me. Though Gav, Miralize (though he isn't my biggest fan) and MisterAnarchy run him close
    Most Biased Poster: well I can't vote for myself so I'll go CSF
    LOI poster of the year: Dreamers75
    Non-EPL poster of the year: oat23
    Poster who left too soon (not banned): Dazmarz
    Most likely to be banned in 2015: There's no telling who could be next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Best Newcomer in 2014: not sure tbh

Thread of the Year: The Humour Thread

Post(s) of the Year: FutureGuy

Best Overall Poster: keane2097 or Blatter

Non-EPL poster of the year: DiegoSimeone

Poster who left too soon (not banned): None

Most likely to be banned in 2015: AIG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Best Newcomer in 2014: So many newcomers and it's hard to remember the good ones amongst the trolly ones.
    Thread of the Year: Draw A Footballer Thread. Very original and a lot of laughs were had.
    Post(s) of the Year: Skyline head's response to 5starpool in above thread.

Best Overall Poster: TheDoc
    LOI poster of the year: AgileMyth
    Non-EPL poster of the year: Miralize
    Poster who left too soon (not banned): None
    Most likely to be banned in 2015: Dayum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Best Newcomer in 2014: Larry Wildman

Thread of the Year: LFC Superthread. Slickric described it already, easily the best thread on the forum. Got a bit out of hand at times last year but seeing how much it got to some made it worthwhile :pac: . And despite the pantomine Lloyd and Alan vs everyone stuff it's a good group of regular posters.

Post(s) of the Year: Grayditch... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90149047&postcount=8732

Best Overall Poster: Pilsbury Doughboy. Might seem like there is a touch of the Heath Ledger/Joker about this vote but 'The Doughboy' was a pillar of the thread, got along with everybody, and always had a good insight/opinion. Wherever he has gone.....I wish him well.

Most Biased Poster: Liam O

LOI poster of the year: Omackrel

Non-EPL poster of the year: dfx

Poster who left too soon (not banned): 5Live. No words to do justice.

Most likely to be banned in 2015: Dayum looks like the obvious choice but I think he'll come back from his ban 'reformed' and with a better idea of how to walk the line. Something makes me thik it will be a Liverpool poster, and hangballlouie has his cards marked so I'll go with him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Best Newcomer in 2014: Augeo
    Thread of the Year: Draw a footballler thread obviously, but also the Brazil v Germany match thread as everyone reacted
    Post(s) of the Year: Pighead's pre-game evaluation of the Setanta Cup final. The uglier team won

Best Overall Poster: LuckyLloyd
    Most Biased Poster: the_monkey
    LOI poster of the year: Pighead
    Non-EPL poster of the year: Oat23
    Poster who left too soon (not banned): Xavi6
    Most likely to be banned in 2015: everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Best Newcomer in 2014: Harry Palmr
    Thread of the Year: LFC Superthread - April Edition
    Post(s) of the Year: Closing of LFC thread for 25th Hillsborough anniversary. (Honorable mention to 'The Doughboy's" heartfelt farewell.)

Best Overall Poster: What would we do without him? Mr Alan.
    Most Biased Poster: For the sake of diversity I'll forego the obvious choice. Liam O
    LOI poster of the year: Don't pay much attention, but from the odd time I drop in... dreamers75
    Non-EPL poster of the year: Oat23
    Poster who left too soon (not banned): 5live. One less **** thanker is always a big miss.
    Most likely to be banned in 2015: tok9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Best Newcomer in 2014: Don't know who the newcomers are.
    Thread of the Year: Probably the Humour thread around April time.
    Post(s) of the Year: The Liverpool fan who had an over-the-top send-off, complete with Kenny Powers gifs.

Best Overall Poster: efb is the one that stands out at the top of the mind, seems like a nice guy but you can see that Arsenal flows through his veins, I admire his style.
    Most Biased Poster: Really?.... Andersonisgod
    LOI poster of the year: Think dreamer75 is the most knowledgeable and balanced. He knows his stuff, can be biased but will accept the charge and I find myself agreeing with him most.
    Non-EPL poster of the year: oat23. He always pops up in the quieter threads with a decent amount info.
    Poster who left too soon (not banned): DazMarz - at times, he'd push AIG for most biased poster.
    Most likely to be banned in 2015: Really stuck for a suggestion, no idea.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Haven't really been posting in here the last few months but this was my
    Post of the year:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91925110&postcount=513

Take a bow niallo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Best Newcomer in 2014:
    Thread of the Year: Draw a footballer
    Post(s) of the Year: Futureguy Simpsons
    Best Overall Poster: SlickRic
    LOI poster of the year: Pighead
    Non-EPL poster of the year: inforfun
    Poster who left too soon (not banned):
    Most likely to be banned in 2015: Too hard to pick just one. Any of the usual suspects that circlejerk each other whenever a Utd Liverpool thing pops up. Banning around 6 from either side would greatly improve things and it's probably going that way anyway.

Advertisement