Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Nurse Scheme - Back Pay

Options
  • 14-01-2015 7:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone im wondering if there are any nurses out there who have had the same problem as me.
    I graduated in 2013 and I worked as a fully qualified psychiatric nurse from September 2013 until August 2014. Part of that (from September to October 2013) was my pre reg.
    I never went for the graduate interviews during this time. And as such I was never under the scheme, I was employed by the HSE as a temporary nurse.

I was paid 50% of a nurses wage during my pre reg and 80% during my time as a fully qualified nurse.

This years pre reg nurses were paid 80% of a nurse wage for their pre reg time.

I believe I am entitled to 100% pay for the entire year I worked for the HSE as I was never employed under the graduate scheme.

My classmates who took up the graduate scheme are owed 100 % pay for the months they worked before they signed their contracts.

I and others in my situation have contacted multiple unions regarding the situation. The only thing I've been told is "its a matter they are looking into" and it may require a case to be taken against the HSE. I offered to do this but the rep said it would need to be the unions that would take it. I was told that nurses nationwide were affected.

I am owed a considerable amount of money as I`m sure many nurses in a similar situation to me are.

I would like to connect with those nurses. Discuss this. Maybe take signatures or something like that and put pressure on the unions to follow this up with the HSE. Its my opinion that it is not a pressing matter for the unions. Perhaps as we as graduate nurses have not made it so.

I Hope to hear from nurses from all fields affected. Feel free to copy and paste this post and send it on to friends.
    Thank you

Comments

Advertisement